Rockwell Collins Engineering Co Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.0

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

A short behavioral phone screen. Interviewed by a software team manager. Did not receive an offer due to them getting rid of the co-op position because they couldn't find enough work.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging programming project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Systems Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair event. Was later invited to a dinner to meet other staff members. This dinner seemed to act like an interview because after i talked to a couple of the staff members I was extended an official offer at the end of the dinner. I spoke to a couple of the systems engineers to find out what they do for the company and they where very nice.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No i was not able to negotiate

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

The time it took between submitting my application and setting up ma interview was just under 2 weeks. The interview was a 45 minute phone call which was mostly composed of behavioral questions. It was both pleasant but still formal. An offer was extended through HR exactly one week later with a one week acceptance period. Any questions about the position and scheduling were answered well and promptly by both HR and the interviewer/future supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell?
      What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?
      What motivates you?
      Have you had experience in managing a group?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was about 30 minutes long done over the phone with the manager I would be working under. Asked a few basic behavioral questions as well as some technical questions. Seemed very enthusiastic when I had follow up questions to ask after the interview. About an hour after there was a surprise follow up interview with an IE in the company where they asked essentially all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you realized you weren't going to meet a deadline on a project or homework assignment how would you handle it   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to pursue Industrial Engineering   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Pretty casual 30 min phone interview. Mostly HR type of questions like tell me when you worked well with a team and etc. My interviewer asked about previous projects and relevant work. I did not get asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous projects of yours in this field.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called by a college recruiter to set up a phone interview time. The phone interview lasted around an hour. I was offered the position a week later over the phone, and relocation assistance and payment were discussed at that time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a project with a team that was uncooperative. What did you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2014.

Interview

I was called for an on campus interview after speaking with them at the career expo. They seemed very interested in me, based on my accomplishments and got called for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• List three adjectives to describe your personality. Unexpected part: Did any of those virtues ever backfire?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Manchester, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest, most relaxing interview I've ever had. The interview was on-site, about two and a half hours from where I was currently attending school, and they paid for the mileage. Most of the interview consisted of them talking about the company and the role as well as touring the facility.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met the interviewing manager at a career fair and we talked about the things on my resume. After the career fair the manager emailed me for a phone interview. He phone interview was a short 10 minute interview where they asked me basic questions about my past experience. After the phone interview I was sent and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied got a call for an interview two months later. The interview was cake. It wasn't a interview the person I interviewed with was just telling me the things that impressed him on my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions about the job and location etc.

Negotiation

No negotiations fam buzz. You'll like the offer