Rockwell Collins Engineering Co Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2016

2.1

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was about 30 minutes long done over the phone with the manager I would be working under. Asked a few basic behavioral questions as well as some technical questions. Seemed very enthusiastic when I had follow up questions to ask after the interview. About an hour after there was a surprise follow up interview with an IE in the company where they asked essentially all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you realized you weren't going to meet a deadline on a project or homework assignment how would you handle it   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to pursue Industrial Engineering   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Pretty casual 30 min phone interview. Mostly HR type of questions like tell me when you worked well with a team and etc. My interviewer asked about previous projects and relevant work. I did not get asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous projects of yours in this field.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called by a college recruiter to set up a phone interview time. The phone interview lasted around an hour. I was offered the position a week later over the phone, and relocation assistance and payment were discussed at that time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a project with a team that was uncooperative. What did you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2014.

Interview

I was called for an on campus interview after speaking with them at the career expo. They seemed very interested in me, based on my accomplishments and got called for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• List three adjectives to describe your personality. Unexpected part: Did any of those virtues ever backfire?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Manchester, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest, most relaxing interview I've ever had. The interview was on-site, about two and a half hours from where I was currently attending school, and they paid for the mileage. Most of the interview consisted of them talking about the company and the role as well as touring the facility.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met the interviewing manager at a career fair and we talked about the things on my resume. After the career fair the manager emailed me for a phone interview. He phone interview was a short 10 minute interview where they asked me basic questions about my past experience. After the phone interview I was sent and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied got a call for an interview two months later. The interview was cake. It wasn't a interview the person I interviewed with was just telling me the things that impressed him on my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions about the job and location etc.

Negotiation

No negotiations fam buzz. You'll like the offer

Engineering Co-Op Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online took around 15 day and I received a mail asked me for my availability in the next week. The interview was very simple I was asked what I knew about Rockwell, why this position and about my projects. The interview duration was just 15 mins. After 2 days I received a mail asked me about other details for background check. Once i gave them the information I received a call with offer :)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted through the University. First screened applicants by doing on campus interviews and then inviting candidates to Cedar Rapids for further interviews. Process went smooth and they were very friendly. Did not receive an offer but it was a company that I will pursue again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is the most unique experience you have had in school?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2012.

Interview

I first heard from Rockwell in mid-March for the summer/fall co-op. I thought this was late in the game, but maybe it's normal for the engineering industry. I had written it off at this point, but once I heard from them it was a very quick and painless process to go from initial phone call to hired.

I got the "we're interested" call on a Tuesday and set up a phone interview for that Friday. I talked to my would-be manager and two other people from the team. The interview was extremely laid back and relaxed. They mostly asked me about school and my interests. I had received a Rockwell Collins-sponsored scholarship, so that probably helped, and they asked about that. There wasn't a single technical question. They seemed to be more interested in my personality and level of interest.

Later that same day I received requests to fill out some forms and a couple days later was extended the offer for the co-op position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• As I said above, the interview was very laid back and did not include any technical questions at all. They asked about my favorite classes and about projects I had worked on at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really any negotiation to be had, but I was very happy to receive a free, fully furnished apartment, as well as full company benefits.