Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

The time it took between submitting my application and setting up ma interview was just under 2 weeks. The interview was a 45 minute phone call which was mostly composed of behavioral questions. It was both pleasant but still formal. An offer was extended through HR exactly one week later with a one week acceptance period. Any questions about the position and scheduling were answered well and promptly by both HR and the interviewer/future supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell?
      What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?
      What motivates you?
      Have you had experience in managing a group?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in December 2016.

Interview

They told me a lot about the company and asked about my experiences. I applied on LinkedIn and I got a call from the recruiter. I then had an interview with two managers before I finally knew if I got the job or not. I never had to do a video interview or an on site interview. I just did 3 phone interviews. The first was a phone screen from the recruiter, next was a manager, then another manager.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied to Rockwell Collins online, I was notified that a hiring manager wanted me to interview the next day. I was expecting a typical phone screen, however, the interview was a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. This is a good reminder on the value in setting proper expectations with our candidates. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams.

Principal Subcontract Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I was flew in from NY City. Asked topical questions about subcontracting, compliance and if I deviate from process (NO), talked about my military career. Dress one up on the interviewer, be open and enjoy the conversation. I was asked when I could start and had lunch. The interviewing manager was very pleasant, to bad he was also railroaded shortly after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Would you deviate if ask from compliance requirements   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic Behavioral Questions about who I was as a person and how I would handle different scenarios. Basically wanted to see how well I could work in a team. Was not hard as long as you know how to have decent conversation. I had talked to the interviewer before as well and I could tell they were nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to make a decision for a group or a team.   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy to talk to, comfortable situation and I felt they explained the position well. One on one process for the first part of this interview. Second step will be a panel of 3. position to be filled by Mid November. I am currently employed so that would not be a problem at all. I appreciated that he took the time to inform me of the steps for hiring. went through benefits and salary was not discussed.

Interview Questions

• What changes in procedures did I make at my last/current position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in October 2016.

Interview

5 round robins, laid back, no technical questions. most of the managers were extremely cool. wanted to have a conversation more than quizzing you on your knowledge. wanted to know if i was gonna be a good fit

AVWX Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very well organized. Was flown out to Houston and was giving a rental car and hotel for the night. Interview was a panel of 5, 2 of which were managers, the other were senior avwx folks. Most of the questions were related to the ability/knowledge to work the job and if I would be able to work shift work. The interview was a while ago, I don't believe there were any behavior questions. If there were, it wasn't but one or two.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a wind chart and tafs for some airports and asked me what weather info I would tell a pilot who was departing the airport and flying to another airport. Basically, seeing if you can read wind barbs and tafs.   Answer Question

Rockwell Collins Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review; I'm glad to hear that you felt the process was very well organized. We try our best to make that experience worthwhile for every candidate that expresses interest in... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

No interview process - hire-on from co-op. For my co-op, I went to career fair on campus and talked to recruiters there. I received an interview on campus with two recruiters and they really enjoyed talking to me. I was placed on a top-candidate list and then I received a phone call from my hiring manager and we talked for about 30 minutes and we were both satisfied with having the opportunity to work together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any flying experience or have you thought about flying?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went great. I interviewed with the company in Wisconsin as part of a conference. The lady was very enthusiastic and ended up talking most of the interview. She only asked about five behavioral questions. I am a pretty average student, however, she was so impressed by my personality that at the end of the interview she offered me the internship on the spot. Great company, really down to earth people.

Interview Questions

• Why should we select you for this position?
      Tell me about a time you had to show leadership?   Answer Question