Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I did two 1:1 interviews in which standard general interview questions were asked and was informed what my job duties would be. Also had an interview with the engineers that I would be working with that covered technical questions. Everyone was nice and friendly that I talked to at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell use about this circuit card Assembly?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up a phone interview within a week. Interviewed and was offered a position within another week. Whole process took 2 weeks.
    Interview was really relaxed and the managers were very friendly. It was more that they wanted to see if I would be a good personality for for the team, than my qualifications. (They already saw my resume so they knew I could do the job)They asked a lot of scenario questions, some specific to my past positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't to make a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by on-site panel-based interview. The panel-based interview was essentially a presentation about yourself, skills, and experience to avoid repeat questions. Then I was given a tour and ample time for questions about just about every aspect of the job. The environment was pretty positive and the interviewers seemed really interested in getting to know you as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time in which you had to resolve a conflict in a team-based environment   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

All behavior type of questions. Only technical questions were to describe your background as an engineer. They ask behavior questions on strengths, weaknesses, success stories, tell me about yourself and conflicts on previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Best questions were: 1) What will you do to promote diversity, 2) How will you remedy a worker who has an issue completing a task or job, and 3) Sell me this pen in 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Oct 10, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Even though you weren't selected for this specific role, I'm encouraged to hear that you still had a positive experience with our team. Thanks again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process went _very_ quickly. Applied on a Wednesday afternoon, got a call from HR Thursday morning. I was on the phone with the hiring manager the following Wednesday, and on-site the Wednesday after that. The on-site interview went from 8am to 4pm, and before 5pm I was told by HR that they would be making an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate another $5,000 in salary and a $10,000 signing bonus.

Jul 28, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I'm happy to hear that your experience with us was positive. And congrats on receiving the offer in such a short amount of time. Enjoy your time with us.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

For the interview I was brought into an unoccupied office and sat down at a table with two managers and an electrical engineer.

There were very few technical questions during the course of the interview. I was asked to explain in general, my educational background, experience level and why I was interested in the job.

Many of the questions seemed out of place for an interview for a technical position. They were related more to a management position. Most questions were about social interaction and diversity.

On a side note, you will be required to pass a written electronics skills exam before you will be interviewed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, I applied for the position on their website, and within a day or two they reached out to me in order to set up an interview. Seeing as I was living a couple of hundred miles from the company location and still in classes in university, the interview was conducted over the phone by two people: the employee who would be serving as my mentor if I got the position as well as the manager of the project I would be working on. The first half of the interview was them describing what the position would entail, then asked me some questions that were intended to gauge me as a person and how I would fit on the team, such as how I have handled conflict with coworkers/peers in the past, how I respond to negative situations, failure, etc. There were few questions asked about my resume, but it was apparent that they had it in front of them during the interview. The interview itself only took about half an hour, and I got a call back less than an hour later offering me the position.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test at a testing facility that consisted of 70 questions involving basic algebra and theoretical electronics knowledge followed by a 1:1 interview a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview after a phone screen. The company made flight/hotel reservations and made it a very smooth process. I had four different interviews with a total of 7 managers over a period of three hours. Questions were mostly behavioural and from the resume. The responsibilities of the position and the overall structure of the company was explained quite clearly. All candidates were also taken around to show the simulators and bench testing area. At the end, we were taken out for lunch as well.
    However, the managers did not get back to me about the results of the interview for more than two weeks, until I sent out e-mails and made phone calls regarding the update of my application. This was really disappointing since the overall process was quite quick and they did they that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell Collins, relocation preferences, Team work experiences, leadership challenges, strengths/weaknesses, other questions from the resume - experience, education, skills.   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I appreciate your candid feedback. We strive to provide the best candidate experience throughout all of your interactions with us. I apologize that it took more than two-weeks to be made aware of ... More

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a HR representative contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. The manager was welcoming and answered my questions. They went over my resume such as my student organization involvement and asked me behavioral questions. A week later I was notified that I was not selected.