Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a HR representative contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. The manager was welcoming and answered my questions. They went over my resume such as my student organization involvement and asked me behavioral questions. A week later I was notified that I was not selected.

Senior Customer Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was in the form of a panel interview with three managers. It was very interactive and informative, and they focused on knowledge-based questions as well as educational and background experience. The panel was well-balanced with knowledgeable staff. I felt if was a very good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Focused on educational background and problem-solving skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

They contact me through email 2 days after my application and the next day someone call me to set up the interview. It was a phone interview with 4 managers. Very nice people. It a was formal but quite friendly talk. No technical questions. A lot of behavioral. Today it has been like 3 weeks. I haven't got an offer yet, but online it says I'm still under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. A time were I had trouble with a teammate. Talk about leadership experience. Resume works and projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

First got a phone screen from an engineer and we spoke briefly. Then we scheduled a more formal hour long interview for another day. After a few weeks, I received another phone call from the manager of the team I was going to be working with. He then passed my information along to the HR and in a few hours I received a call from HR to confirm some background information.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a particular item on resume that is related to what they were doing and experience in FPGA.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple people asked a standard set of HR questions. There were questions about root cause analysis, dealing with conflict, and diversity. Nothing was unusual. This was scripted and easy to prepare for the questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They came and had a booth at my school's career fair. Also had an info session the night before. Went to both and talked to reps. Interviewed day after the career fair and signed my offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Asked me alot about projects on my resume and some team relationship questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was about 30 minutes long done over the phone with the manager I would be working under. Asked a few basic behavioral questions as well as some technical questions. Seemed very enthusiastic when I had follow up questions to ask after the interview. About an hour after there was a surprise follow up interview with an IE in the company where they asked essentially all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you realized you weren't going to meet a deadline on a project or homework assignment how would you handle it   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to pursue Industrial Engineering   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Interviewers had obviously reviewed my resume prior to the interview allowing them to ask questions tailored to my specific job history and educational accomplishments.
    First interview was with three individuals who would be peers. second interview was with hiring manager and another senior manager. Third interview was with departmental director. There was about a week between each interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills obtained in my prior and current job position would be most beneficial to me as a Contract Manager.?   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2015 – Manager, Strategic Staffing

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We strive to make it the most positive it can be for all that are selected for interviews.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

apply, initial call, phone interview, in-person interview/group interview. Very nice and friendly conversation about work experience. Honed in on experience in supply chain management and development of problematic vendors. Asked a great deal of questions about familiarity with SAP.

Interview Questions

• are you proactive and can you operate with a lot of management oversight.   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2016 – SVP People & Inclusion

Glad you accepted - hope your first few months have been fantastic!

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

The interview went well. There weren't a lot of difficult technical questions. The problem came after the interview. Since I hadn't heard anything about the job I contacted HR. HR claimed that they contacted me and said I told them I wasn't interested in the position which was untrue.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Oct 30, 2015 – Manager, Strategic Staffing

Thank you for this review. I apologize that you experienced this while interviewing with our team. This is certainly not how we want to treat our candidates. Thanks again.