Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They came and had a booth at my school's career fair. Also had an info session the night before. Went to both and talked to reps. Interviewed day after the career fair and signed my offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Asked me alot about projects on my resume and some team relationship questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was about 30 minutes long done over the phone with the manager I would be working under. Asked a few basic behavioral questions as well as some technical questions. Seemed very enthusiastic when I had follow up questions to ask after the interview. About an hour after there was a surprise follow up interview with an IE in the company where they asked essentially all the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you realized you weren't going to meet a deadline on a project or homework assignment how would you handle it   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to pursue Industrial Engineering   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Interviewers had obviously reviewed my resume prior to the interview allowing them to ask questions tailored to my specific job history and educational accomplishments.
    First interview was with three individuals who would be peers. second interview was with hiring manager and another senior manager. Third interview was with departmental director. There was about a week between each interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills obtained in my prior and current job position would be most beneficial to me as a Contract Manager.?   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2015 – Manager, Strategic Staffing

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We strive to make it the most positive it can be for all that are selected for interviews.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

apply, initial call, phone interview, in-person interview/group interview. Very nice and friendly conversation about work experience. Honed in on experience in supply chain management and development of problematic vendors. Asked a great deal of questions about familiarity with SAP.

Interview Questions

• are you proactive and can you operate with a lot of management oversight.   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2016 – SVP People & Inclusion

Glad you accepted - hope your first few months have been fantastic!

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

The interview went well. There weren't a lot of difficult technical questions. The problem came after the interview. Since I hadn't heard anything about the job I contacted HR. HR claimed that they contacted me and said I told them I wasn't interested in the position which was untrue.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Oct 30, 2015 – Manager, Strategic Staffing

Thank you for this review. I apologize that you experienced this while interviewing with our team. This is certainly not how we want to treat our candidates. Thanks again.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied for an engineering internship through a career fair at my campus. The first step was the traditional elevator pitch at the career fair. There was nothing particularly unique about it. An HR rep scanned my resume and asked for me to elaborate on certain items. The HR rep seemed satisfied and put my name down on a sheet to schedule an interview on campus.

The interview itself was very pleasant—possibly the most relaxed interview I've ever had. There were two people present. One was an HR rep and the other was a full time engineer. The HR rep asked pretty standard interview questions (e.g., greatest strengths and weaknesses, what do you know about the company, give an example of a leadership experience, etc.). The engineer asked more specific questions related to my technical achievements and my experience in teams (e.g., elaborate on a project I did in class, give an example of a challenging team experience and how did you overcome it, etc.).

Overall, I felt like the interviewers were not trying to be intimidating like some companies try to be. There were no riddles or puzzles that a lot of engineering companies like to do in interviews. I think they mostly use your transcript for the facts and just ask you simple questions about your resume to make sure you're not BS'ing them. They spent more time on character evaluation—would you fit well with the company culture. If you are comfortable talking about yourself in an interview setting then you should be fine.

Because I applied at a career fair, I did not automatically get a job. The interview process essentially just places you into a list of "pre-screened" candidates. After the interview, you apply online to an "internship pool" job posting, and the notes from the interviewer are then tied to your account (hidden to you but not potential hiring managers). Then, if hiring managers are looking to recruit, they will scan through the list of pre-screened candidates and contact you if interested.

I was eventually contacted by an engineering manager who asked to do a phone interview. At this point, you pretty much have the job. You just can't screw it up. The phone interview was essentially a repeat of the questions from the engineering interviewer in the previous interview. It felt like the hiring manager just wanted to do a quick check to confirm himself that I was what he expected me to be. A few days later I finally received an offer.

The whole process may seem tedious and not worthwhile, since you do all of that work with no guarantee of a job offer at the end. However, the benefit of doing the interview is that you will likely be placed on the short list for upcoming job offers. Hiring managers from positions you didn't even know were open can look at the notes tied to your account, so your name has the potential to gain more visibility than the traditional process of applying to one job requisition online,.

Interview Questions

• • Greatest strengths and weaknesses
      • What do you know about the company
      • Give an example of a leadership experience
      • Elaborate on a project I did in class
      • Give an example of a challenging team experience and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews. The hiring manager is very polite. He gave some information about himself and the team first. And he focused on my past experience in programming languages.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in scrum process? Have you been a scrum master?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called and emailed about setting up a time for a phone screen. I was sent a confirmation email with the details of the phone screen. I was called at the determined time and there were 4 hiring managers on the other end of the line in a conference room for the phone screen.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (College Station, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called a few days after a college career fair. The interview was in person and took about half an hour. There were two people interviewing me. They asked general interviewing questions, both about previous experiences and classes. Both interviewers were wearing slacks and polos and kept the conversations fairly casual. Overall they were quick to interview after the college career fair but were slow (~2 months) to tell me that I did not get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Telephonic interview abut an hour or so, call from Manager. He explained about company background and job role. All basic questions interrupts, timer, stack,storage classes. 2 weeks later correspondence from HR.
    Background check, medical test.