Rockwell Collins Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

2.5

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with HR, 30-min phone interview with Hiring Manager, all-day, on-site interview with writing sample test. Also included a web interview with the remote team, graphics design manager, proposal specialists, and department manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly team work questions, working with cross-matrix teams.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Long phone discussion with hiring manager followed by an onsite interview. The manager was a very enthusiastic positive person as was the interview. I was told Rockwell Collins would get back to me in 2-3 weeks. This is the only Company I interviewed with in person that I never heard from again. I consider this to be unacceptable behavior in this day and age where it takes only moments to send an email or text.

Interview Questions

• I had interned with Rockwell the year before, and was well known in the Company. The Manager had contacted me personally regarding the position, and our discussions during the on site interview was behavioral and in depth discussion of the scope of the position.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

The time it took between submitting my application and setting up ma interview was just under 2 weeks. The interview was a 45 minute phone call which was mostly composed of behavioral questions. It was both pleasant but still formal. An offer was extended through HR exactly one week later with a one week acceptance period. Any questions about the position and scheduling were answered well and promptly by both HR and the interviewer/future supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell?
      What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?
      What motivates you?
      Have you had experience in managing a group?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy to talk to, comfortable situation and I felt they explained the position well. One on one process for the first part of this interview. Second step will be a panel of 3. position to be filled by Mid November. I am currently employed so that would not be a problem at all. I appreciated that he took the time to inform me of the steps for hiring. went through benefits and salary was not discussed.

Interview Questions

• What changes in procedures did I make at my last/current position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by on-site panel-based interview. The panel-based interview was essentially a presentation about yourself, skills, and experience to avoid repeat questions. Then I was given a tour and ample time for questions about just about every aspect of the job. The environment was pretty positive and the interviewers seemed really interested in getting to know you as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time in which you had to resolve a conflict in a team-based environment   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process went _very_ quickly. Applied on a Wednesday afternoon, got a call from HR Thursday morning. I was on the phone with the hiring manager the following Wednesday, and on-site the Wednesday after that. The on-site interview went from 8am to 4pm, and before 5pm I was told by HR that they would be making an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate another $5,000 in salary and a $10,000 signing bonus.

Rockwell Collins Response

Jul 28, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I'm happy to hear that your experience with us was positive. And congrats on receiving the offer in such a short amount of time. Enjoy your time with us.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

For the interview I was brought into an unoccupied office and sat down at a table with two managers and an electrical engineer.

There were very few technical questions during the course of the interview. I was asked to explain in general, my educational background, experience level and why I was interested in the job.

Many of the questions seemed out of place for an interview for a technical position. They were related more to a management position. Most questions were about social interaction and diversity.

On a side note, you will be required to pass a written electronics skills exam before you will be interviewed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview after a phone screen. The company made flight/hotel reservations and made it a very smooth process. I had four different interviews with a total of 7 managers over a period of three hours. Questions were mostly behavioural and from the resume. The responsibilities of the position and the overall structure of the company was explained quite clearly. All candidates were also taken around to show the simulators and bench testing area. At the end, we were taken out for lunch as well.
    However, the managers did not get back to me about the results of the interview for more than two weeks, until I sent out e-mails and made phone calls regarding the update of my application. This was really disappointing since the overall process was quite quick and they did they that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell Collins, relocation preferences, Team work experiences, leadership challenges, strengths/weaknesses, other questions from the resume - experience, education, skills.   Answer Question

Rockwell Collins Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I appreciate your candid feedback. We strive to provide the best candidate experience throughout all of your interactions with us. I apologize that it took more than two-weeks to be made aware of... More

Senior Customer Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was in the form of a panel interview with three managers. It was very interactive and informative, and they focused on knowledge-based questions as well as educational and background experience. The panel was well-balanced with knowledgeable staff. I felt if was a very good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Focused on educational background and problem-solving skills.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Multiple people asked a standard set of HR questions. There were questions about root cause analysis, dealing with conflict, and diversity. Nothing was unusual. This was scripted and easy to prepare for the questions.