Rockwell Collins Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by on-site panel-based interview. The panel-based interview was essentially a presentation about yourself, skills, and experience to avoid repeat questions. Then I was given a tour and ample time for questions about just about every aspect of the job. The environment was pretty positive and the interviewers seemed really interested in getting to know you as a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time in which you had to resolve a conflict in a team-based environment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, I applied for the position on their website, and within a day or two they reached out to me in order to set up an interview. Seeing as I was living a couple of hundred miles from the company location and still in classes in university, the interview was conducted over the phone by two people: the employee who would be serving as my mentor if I got the position as well as the manager of the project I would be working on. The first half of the interview was them describing what the position would entail, then asked me some questions that were intended to gauge me as a person and how I would fit on the team, such as how I have handled conflict with coworkers/peers in the past, how I respond to negative situations, failure, etc. There were few questions asked about my resume, but it was apparent that they had it in front of them during the interview. The interview itself only took about half an hour, and I got a call back less than an hour later offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview after a phone screen. The company made flight/hotel reservations and made it a very smooth process. I had four different interviews with a total of 7 managers over a period of three hours. Questions were mostly behavioural and from the resume. The responsibilities of the position and the overall structure of the company was explained quite clearly. All candidates were also taken around to show the simulators and bench testing area. At the end, we were taken out for lunch as well.
    However, the managers did not get back to me about the results of the interview for more than two weeks, until I sent out e-mails and made phone calls regarding the update of my application. This was really disappointing since the overall process was quite quick and they did they that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell Collins, relocation preferences, Team work experiences, leadership challenges, strengths/weaknesses, other questions from the resume - experience, education, skills.   Answer Question

Rockwell Collins Response

Mar 3, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I appreciate your candid feedback. We strive to provide the best candidate experience throughout all of your interactions with us. I apologize that it took more than two-weeks to be made aware of ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

They contact me through email 2 days after my application and the next day someone call me to set up the interview. It was a phone interview with 4 managers. Very nice people. It a was formal but quite friendly talk. No technical questions. A lot of behavioral. Today it has been like 3 weeks. I haven't got an offer yet, but online it says I'm still under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. A time were I had trouble with a teammate. Talk about leadership experience. Resume works and projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They came and had a booth at my school's career fair. Also had an info session the night before. Went to both and talked to reps. Interviewed day after the career fair and signed my offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Asked me alot about projects on my resume and some team relationship questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interviews. The hiring manager is very polite. He gave some information about himself and the team first. And he focused on my past experience in programming languages.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in scrum process? Have you been a scrum master?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Telephonic interview abut an hour or so, call from Manager. He explained about company background and job role. All basic questions interrupts, timer, stack,storage classes. 2 weeks later correspondence from HR.
    Background check, medical test.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Marina del Rey, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a good process. I applied to the internship online and got a phone screen request about a week later. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The people who interviewed me were great and asked about my resume items.

As long as you can back up what you have on your resume with passion and experience, no matter who interviews you, they will appreciate it.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying on their jobs website I had a phone interview, then a couple weeks later I had a interview at Rockwell from 9-2:30, I had three main interviews during that time. Two were mainly about behavior, project experience, and my communication skills. The third was more technical where they asked mostly about technical vocabulary that was relevant to the job to gauge my knowledge and would explain things I didn't remember from school or understand. There were also some questions about debugging certain problems. No coding problems.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Ames, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my school's career fair and she set me up with an on campus interview the following week. This first interview was a general Rockwell Interview and then the interviewer could suggest or decline you to hiring managers so all the questions were behavioral. Then in the next few weeks I had hiring managers reach out to me about setting up an interview. The second interview was over the phone and gave specifics about the job and how I'm qualified for them. There were technicalish questions about specific softwares I would have to use, but there were not coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time were you had to convince someone of something?   Answer Question