Rockwell Collins Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2011.

Interview

In my interview it was a panel interview for a technical position, with supposed technical managers. No one on the room except me was over 30. They were proud of the lack of experience, one even bragging his degree was less than a year old, but he got to be manager because the entire department quit last year. This lead to problems,every technical answer had to be explained in excruciating detail. Lack of maturity among the managers, who spent most of at the interview mocking the other large defense/aerospace companies I had worked for. It seemed none of them had worked anywhere else but at RC. Be careful of the questions about other companies proprietary information, they all threw "pouts" like a two year old when I had to push back with no- disclosure agreements and that some of the questions violated them. Also they have no respect for classified information, stating that is not a reason to not answer a question. When they called my references not only were they rude, but called them liars when my refs validated my experiences. They also told one of my former managers that he over paid me. They made an offer $50k less than Previous job, and told me to be grateful that I was selected to a Rockwell employee.

Interview Questions

• What is this DISA thing ?   1 Answer
  • Tell us what you liked about company x you worked for.   1 Answer

They came in $50k less than my last job, and would only hire me at a junior position. I was told that I would never qualify for a more senior position, even though I have a decade of experience in software. I was told that non-Rockwell experience did not count.