Rockwell Collins Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later.
Interview was just half an hour long and went primarily over my resume. I was told I would hear back from them about an in person interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Of the software and programing languages listed in your resume, which ones are you most proficient in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied to Rockwell Collins online, I was notified that a hiring manager wanted me to interview the next day. I was expecting a typical phone screen, however, the interview was a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. This is a good reminder on the value in setting proper expectations with our candidates. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

No interview process - hire-on from co-op. For my co-op, I went to career fair on campus and talked to recruiters there. I received an interview on campus with two recruiters and they really enjoyed talking to me. I was placed on a top-candidate list and then I received a phone call from my hiring manager and we talked for about 30 minutes and we were both satisfied with having the opportunity to work together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any flying experience or have you thought about flying?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called and emailed about setting up a time for a phone screen. I was sent a confirmation email with the details of the phone screen. I was called at the determined time and there were 4 hiring managers on the other end of the line in a conference room for the phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Flew me out the day before the interview and flew me back the same day. Met with engineering manager and discussed company, the job and programs. Then met with two other engineers for an hour and then a different set of engineers for another hour and finally the hiring manager.

Got a call a week and a half later stating the position had been put on hold due to organizational changes within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the best SYSML diagram to use when talking to the customer about a project?   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a round robin interview that about 20 interns attended. I didn't get the position right away but later contacted my manager and got the internship for a later semester.

Interview Questions

• If you have a code that is a 1000 line long and there are errors in it. How would you fix those errors?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a job interview for System Engineer and I was interviewed by engineers. They were thorough and went through behavorial questions quickly, since they wanted to get through the interview in an hour and were more interested in the technical questions. They pushed hard fpr the right technical answer, but when I came to a point that I didn't know it anymore, they switched gears before it became uncomfortable. Sounded like they were nice, and didn't have a pecking order, wanted someone who's smart and willing o ask questions. Were open to my questions and seemed to be nice guys to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does the angle between two poles (and the origin) on a root locus plot represent?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Instead of technical questions only behavioral questions were asked for 30 minutes. And after interview they said apply online for the position u like. But they were very cool and friendly in interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you give negative evaluation to peer in project and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, as well as very interested in what they had to do. I had an onsite interview in Cedar Rapids, and felt very much like a tight knit group that were passionate about their product. The complex is big, but everyone seemed to know each other. The process itself was long, but I expected it to last most of the day. About 6 hours of questions about technical and behavioral question, most of which were your typical "name a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince team members to be motivated   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

First contacted them during career fair on campus, scheduled an interview for the next day. First interview was an even mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of weeks after the first interview received an email from a manager requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly technical questions and expanding on resume information.