Rockwell Collins Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I casually spoke to a recruiter outside the banquet hall before dinner at a conference. He encouraged me to see him at the career fair. I waited in line to speak with him at the career fair and he immediately took me to the interview location. He asked me questions based off of my resume. He gave me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later.
    Interview was just half an hour long and went primarily over my resume. I was told I would hear back from them about an in person interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Of the software and programing languages listed in your resume, which ones are you most proficient in?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on line for a position in Norther Virginia. About a week later, I received an email from a manager for a phone interview. The interview went alright, typical behavioral and technical questions, and I was told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks. I never heard back at all though even after I reached out.

Interview Questions

• Why might an aircraft be experiencing oscillations in flight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Daytona Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers. The managers were cool and it did not feel like a typical interview. I did not get any technical questions. Most of the questions were behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• We’ve all had to work with someone who is very difficult to get along with. Give me an example of when this happened to you. Why was that person difficult? How did you handle that person?   Answer Question
    • What different approaches do you use in talking with different people? How do you know you are getting your point across?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied to Rockwell Collins online, I was notified that a hiring manager wanted me to interview the next day. I was expecting a typical phone screen, however, the interview was a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. This is a good reminder on the value in setting proper expectations with our candidates. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

No interview process - hire-on from co-op. For my co-op, I went to career fair on campus and talked to recruiters there. I received an interview on campus with two recruiters and they really enjoyed talking to me. I was placed on a top-candidate list and then I received a phone call from my hiring manager and we talked for about 30 minutes and we were both satisfied with having the opportunity to work together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any flying experience or have you thought about flying?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called and emailed about setting up a time for a phone screen. I was sent a confirmation email with the details of the phone screen. I was called at the determined time and there were 4 hiring managers on the other end of the line in a conference room for the phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Richardson, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Flew me out the day before the interview and flew me back the same day. Met with engineering manager and discussed company, the job and programs. Then met with two other engineers for an hour and then a different set of engineers for another hour and finally the hiring manager.

Got a call a week and a half later stating the position had been put on hold due to organizational changes within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the best SYSML diagram to use when talking to the customer about a project?   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a round robin interview that about 20 interns attended. I didn't get the position right away but later contacted my manager and got the internship for a later semester.

Interview Questions

• If you have a code that is a 1000 line long and there are errors in it. How would you fix those errors?   1 Answer

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Urbana, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for several positions online before receiving an interview. The interview was very conversational and behavioral, and it was relatively easy to be myself in terms of what I wanted to do at the company.

Interview Questions

• When did you find yourself challenged while working on a team? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question