Rockwell Collins Interview Questions in Wilsonville, OR | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Wilsonville, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in June 2016. I received a reply in August (about two months later), had two phone interviews (with the hiring manager and another engineer, separately), and then came in for an on-site interview in late September (about three months after applying initially). The phone interviews were mostly about my resume, what experience I had, as well as giving me a chance to ask questions about them. The on-site interview was an all-day, eight-hour thing. I talked to a total of eight people on the team, split into five groups in ones and twos. The morning was mostly behavioral questions, and then they took me out to lunch. The afternoon was a combination of a few behavioral questions, a few hits on my resume, and technical questions. They hit on a lot of subjects in the technical realm. I had most of my basics down, but there were a few things I faltered on. Eight hours is a pretty long interview, but it's par for the course in engineering. After the interview was over (on a Thursday), I was told that the decision would be made over the weekend. I was offered the job on Monday afternoon, and I accepted on the following Thursday.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a flip-flop and a latch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel the need to negotiate because the offered salary was very generous.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Wilsonville, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

One on ones with some managers and principal engineers. group interview with some of the other team members. Overall 8 hour day of interviews. Buckle up. Managers were very friendly and just talked about work/life balance and the area. It seemed like getting hired was a done deal - it was very informal. Then the gauntlet began. The group meetings were with some pretty arrogant engineers who responded to my resume as if they had it beaten and did better work in their career. The other one on ones with the principal engineers didn't go very well either. They didn't seem interested in anything other than the exact questions they were looking for. In one example, there was some code an engineer had me review for a problem it took their entire team months to find! But he expected me to find it in 5 minutes in an interview. So the interview was pretty stressful, I'm guessing they were trying to find out how I thought under pressure and how I handled stressful situations? I got an offer and took the job, so I'm not sure what that says.

Interview Questions

• There's a lot of form questions about how you handle problems, resolve differences etc.   1 Answer