Rodale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.3

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I had 1 Phone interview with the head of the dept. Followed by another with HR, followed by an assignment followed by meeting EIC. The company was eventually sold to Hearst and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How would I elevate the magazine aesthetic while keeping true to branding   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emmaus, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rodale (Emmaus, PA).

Interview

Great Friendly, But the department went under sadly. Wish they would have offered employes another job at other locations such as NYC. The Department was making the company money I am not sure why they decided to cut everything out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

It was fairly easy, routine questions from HR and hiring manager. Went to lunch as final step with hiring manager, not a big deal at all. They checked references, but didn't go any further then what was listed.

Negotiation

there was a lot of back and forth over salary and vacation time

Circulation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then email questions, then followed up with 2 more in face interviews. Meet with Human resourses and the director and the v.p of the consumer marketing department. First you fill out an online application and then send resume cover letter.

Applications Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Rodale seems to be a cool company, but the application development division seems to be dominated by 3rd party contractors, and the internal employees just service those contracts. Their offices were cool, something from an earlier era in publishing. The HR manager was not impressive at all; she spent half my interview on the phone. Their offer was competitive and the work would've been easy, but it didn't seem like it would be particularly rewarding.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle unethical influencing by a vendor?   Answer Question

I was unimpressed by the people there, and didn't want to spend so much time working with third party consultants.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rodale in April 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on their Facebook page, and I applied online. I did submit references which they called before they interviewed me. I was offered the job within the week of the phone interview

Assistant Editor Interview

Interview

I was called by someone in Human Resources in Pennsylvania. I went out to PA to interview. The interview process took a while longer than expected, but was all done fairly smoothly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few times about whether or not I would move to Pennsylvania (where the Rodale HQ is located).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rodale in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on their career website in November. A recruiter contacted me a few days later through email to set up a phone interview. She was nice and asked standard questions about my prior roles and my personality. I felt I performed OK with a few bumps when I got nervous, but overall I think I was able to deliver my passion for the publication as well as my qualifications. Unfortunately, after the interview, it was dead silent and I figured I wouldn't be moving forward with the edit tests whether because I didn't perform well with the recruiter or the hiring manger didn't like my application--who knows. Best of luck to you all though!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why Men's Health/Why this position?
      3. Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.
      4. Why the editorial path? What makes you want to pursue editorial?
      5. With Emmaus being such a small, quiet town with many open areas, how would you feel about relocating?
      6. How are you under pressure?
      7. Tell me about how you stay organized.
      8. Do you have any questions for me or about the position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

Applied for an intern position in May of 2014, and got a call from HR shortly after. Standard questions, from there I had a phone call with the hiring manager. We immediately hit it off, and it was clear that I had the skills she was looking for. I was then called in to their New York office where I met with the hiring manager, and we had a nice conversation again, once again standard behavioral questions. I was then shuffled off to meet with one of the buyers. She was extremely nice, and we had a great conversation, I even worked with a startup company she was trying to get into contact with, so overall we had a great conversation. I then was taken to meet with the other buyer and that's where things spiraled out of control. While everyone else I met treated me with respect, this woman showed anything but that. She told me I had the wrong major, and that I "didn't feel right" for the position. She then continued to berate my career aspirations by telling me that no one would ever hire me. I left completely stunned that anyone would attack someone in that manner on an interview. Not sure why the company would drag me through the entire interview process only to be put in front of that dragon. Will never apply for another job at the company, nor will I ever purchase one of their products.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received short phone call from Human Resources to schedule a FaceTime interview. Two days later had a short FaceTime interview with an editorial assistant. The interview was not for the internship that I had applied for and they asked me only 2-3 questions and the interview lasted for about 15 minutes. An hour after the interview ended, I got a general HR email saying that they chose someone else. Very bizarre and confusing interview process.