Rodale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.3

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emmaus, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rodale (Emmaus, PA).

Interview

Great Friendly, But the department went under sadly. Wish they would have offered employes another job at other locations such as NYC. The Department was making the company money I am not sure why they decided to cut everything out.

Senior Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Soon after had a phone interview with HR. A week later had an in-person interview in the New York office with HR and then a few people I would be working with if hired. Was asked to do a lengthy assignment (not an odd request in this industry). Was given three days to complete. Followed up a week after assignment was turned in and was told a decision would be made the next week. Never heard back.

UPDATE: Received a form email three months later stating I didn't get the job. I've seen other reviews for this position and I'm beginning to think they asked people to do the assignment just so they can collect ideas for free.

Senior Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale in July 2017.

Interview

I am not one to write Glassdoor reviews, but I think it's important to share my experience. I applied online through the Rodale website and had a phone screening. It went well, and from there I was given a very intense edit test that included pitching ideas, researching competitors, writing social media posts, etc. It took me a full day and a half to complete, which should have been a red flag. About a week after I submitted the edit test, I received a computer-generated rejection e-mail. It doesn't bother me that I didn't get the job. What bothers me is that I put a lot of thought, time and energy into this process, and they couldn't do the same for me.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen with someone in HR, went into the NYC office to meet with the publisher, was asked for references a few days later, and was offered the job less than a week later

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial phone screen with HR and then a follow up phone interview with the department director. Very friendly and straightforward! Quick communication and replies to follow up questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rodale in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on their career website in November. A recruiter contacted me a few days later through email to set up a phone interview. She was nice and asked standard questions about my prior roles and my personality. I felt I performed OK with a few bumps when I got nervous, but overall I think I was able to deliver my passion for the publication as well as my qualifications. Unfortunately, after the interview, it was dead silent and I figured I wouldn't be moving forward with the edit tests whether because I didn't perform well with the recruiter or the hiring manger didn't like my application--who knows. Best of luck to you all though!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why Men's Health/Why this position?
      3. Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.
      4. Why the editorial path? What makes you want to pursue editorial?
      5. With Emmaus being such a small, quiet town with many open areas, how would you feel about relocating?
      6. How are you under pressure?
      7. Tell me about how you stay organized.
      8. Do you have any questions for me or about the position?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview; style of interview was that of a conversation instead of the typical Q&A. I was contacted a week after the 1:1 interview and informed that they moved forward with another candidate.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screening with someone from HR discussing experience. Then a few days later had interview with communications director. Pretty usual questions about relevant experience, availability, etc. Following second interview was given an assignment to test press pitch skills.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY).

Interview

Long...well over 6 months long with the President and a VP
    I was called in based on an internal referral. The process was drawn out because of budget approvals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific; more of a consulting opportunity which than turned into a long interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered one package in person; than 2 weeks later the package was pulled back and a 2nd offer for $30K less was offered

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

Applied for an intern position in May of 2014, and got a call from HR shortly after. Standard questions, from there I had a phone call with the hiring manager. We immediately hit it off, and it was clear that I had the skills she was looking for. I was then called in to their New York office where I met with the hiring manager, and we had a nice conversation again, once again standard behavioral questions. I was then shuffled off to meet with one of the buyers. She was extremely nice, and we had a great conversation, I even worked with a startup company she was trying to get into contact with, so overall we had a great conversation. I then was taken to meet with the other buyer and that's where things spiraled out of control. While everyone else I met treated me with respect, this woman showed anything but that. She told me I had the wrong major, and that I "didn't feel right" for the position. She then continued to berate my career aspirations by telling me that no one would ever hire me. I left completely stunned that anyone would attack someone in that manner on an interview. Not sure why the company would drag me through the entire interview process only to be put in front of that dragon. Will never apply for another job at the company, nor will I ever purchase one of their products.