Rodale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rodale Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rodale in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter on their career website in November. A recruiter contacted me a few days later through email to set up a phone interview. She was nice and asked standard questions about my prior roles and my personality. I felt I performed OK with a few bumps when I got nervous, but overall I think I was able to deliver my passion for the publication as well as my qualifications. Unfortunately, after the interview, it was dead silent and I figured I wouldn't be moving forward with the edit tests whether because I didn't perform well with the recruiter or the hiring manger didn't like my application--who knows. Best of luck to you all though!

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Why Men's Health/Why this position?
      3. Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism and how you handled it.
      4. Why the editorial path? What makes you want to pursue editorial?
      5. With Emmaus being such a small, quiet town with many open areas, how would you feel about relocating?
      6. How are you under pressure?
      7. Tell me about how you stay organized.
      8. Do you have any questions for me or about the position?
      Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview; style of interview was that of a conversation instead of the typical Q&A. I was contacted a week after the 1:1 interview and informed that they moved forward with another candidate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY).

Interview

Long...well over 6 months long with the President and a VP
    I was called in based on an internal referral. The process was drawn out because of budget approvals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific; more of a consulting opportunity which than turned into a long interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered one package in person; than 2 weeks later the package was pulled back and a 2nd offer for $30K less was offered

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

Applied for an intern position in May of 2014, and got a call from HR shortly after. Standard questions, from there I had a phone call with the hiring manager. We immediately hit it off, and it was clear that I had the skills she was looking for. I was then called in to their New York office where I met with the hiring manager, and we had a nice conversation again, once again standard behavioral questions. I was then shuffled off to meet with one of the buyers. She was extremely nice, and we had a great conversation, I even worked with a startup company she was trying to get into contact with, so overall we had a great conversation. I then was taken to meet with the other buyer and that's where things spiraled out of control. While everyone else I met treated me with respect, this woman showed anything but that. She told me I had the wrong major, and that I "didn't feel right" for the position. She then continued to berate my career aspirations by telling me that no one would ever hire me. I left completely stunned that anyone would attack someone in that manner on an interview. Not sure why the company would drag me through the entire interview process only to be put in front of that dragon. Will never apply for another job at the company, nor will I ever purchase one of their products.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rodale (Emmaus, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard and everyone was really nice in person. However, afterward there was total radio silence.

Generally, I get it, like, why have that awkward conversation? But, shortly after, I had been offered a job elsewhere and reached out to "check in," which, to be honest, was intended to take myself out of the running. But, I still feel like they could have at least told me they were going in a different direction or some other euphemism for not choosing me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received short phone call from Human Resources to schedule a FaceTime interview. Two days later had a short FaceTime interview with an editorial assistant. The interview was not for the internship that I had applied for and they asked me only 2-3 questions and the interview lasted for about 15 minutes. An hour after the interview ended, I got a general HR email saying that they chose someone else. Very bizarre and confusing interview process.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emmaus, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rodale (Emmaus, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, then two separate on-site interviews. Entire process took about a month. Everyone was extremely pleasant to work with and the interviews were very comfortable and laid back. Their offer was competitive and very close to what I wanted.

Circulation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rodale (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then email questions, then followed up with 2 more in face interviews. Meet with Human resourses and the director and the v.p of the consumer marketing department. First you fill out an online application and then send resume cover letter.

Advertising Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

It was fairly easy, routine questions from HR and hiring manager. Went to lunch as final step with hiring manager, not a big deal at all. They checked references, but didn't go any further then what was listed.

Negotiation

there was a lot of back and forth over salary and vacation time

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rodale.

Interview

There was a series of two interviews. The questions were applicable to the job with a lot of personal, real world application questions. The interview contained five separate people interviewing me and it was a positive environment to be in.

Interview Questions

• How will you personally motivate people who do not have to pay to go work out and do not lose anything by it?   Answer Question