Rogers Communications Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Rogers Communications Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

346 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a few weeks later and HR asked me if I was still interested. I confirmed I was and was invited for an interview. The interview went well, it lasted maybe 20 min then I was taken into the call centre to sit with an employee actively taking calls. After this I say with HR and I was asked if I could see myself doing this. I said yes then I started a couple weeks later lol

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember any question but they were all... "Tell me a time....?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First you submit your resume, then you get a link for an online assessment, then you recieve a call, and then you do the in person interview with the manager

Executive Talent Acquisition Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Found the front-line contact to be unprofessional and quite arrogant. (Eg: when he called me he said: "yeah....so-and-so" instead of hello. Also told me that I'd find "no better than Rogers")

The hiring manager was also quite unprofessional. Came in the room and said: "so, we have 30 minutes because I have a meeting right after". Which was a lie, because we spoke for 1.5 hours. Told me that she loved my candidacy and wanted me to meet the C-Suite. Told me that she "had ZERO expectations" coming in to meet me. (Um, thanks????)

It's too bad, because I ended up liking the hiring manager. Really bad first impression, though.

Overall, the feeling was conveyed that I should be so lucky to be contacted by Rogers.

In this tough candidate market, no company can afford to treat talent this way. I was not a fan of the approach at all.

Interview Questions

• 1) Probed 30x (it felt like it) why I was leaving my job.
      2) asked me what I knew about Rogers

No real formal questions after that. More conversational, which I prefer.   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a great interview experience. We take candidate feedback very seriously and use it to help improve our recruiting processes. If you are interested in receiving... More

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2017.

Interview

Was a very laid back interview, went in and did a one to one interview first. The person questioned me for around 10 mins, got a bunch of my information, and then handed me over for a group interview with all the supervisors. This interview was a little harder as there was more people and they asked harder questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in a commission base environment before?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

3 rounds - 1st hr, 2nd manager , 3rd vp .the call was very short so as were the other 3 rounds.
    wireless department is very easy to get in if you know a reference from inside.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Tedious. Same questions with different wordings everytime. It was easy to catch what they are looking for but really waiting for an instance to slip up by making you nervous.

Interview Questions

• How did you go beyond the norm to help out a customer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers put me at ease and I did well than I usually do. Interview lasted around 45 minutes and it flowed really well. It was supposed to be an interview with two stages but they merged it together and that's why it was very convenient and overall this was the best interview I've ever had.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 people took the interview that lasted for about an hour and ended with a role play. most of the questions were situational. There were 3 or 4 technical questions also but they were very easy.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you had to face an angry customer. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multistaged - professional

Fourvstep process:
    Submit interview - focus one rogers goals
    Do online testing - iq, simeulated call centre, petsonalty
    Hr interview - why do u want to work at rogers. Prev ecp
    Group leader interview

Interview Questions

• The hiring process follows steps:

First submit resume/covering
      Second: you will be required to do an online test that involves simeulated call centre calls, basic psychological multiple choices and a basic IQ tupe test
      Third: call from HR, basic experience, why do u want to work at Rogers.
      Fourth: Face to face. Questions: how have u dealt with difficult customers. How did you meet customers ecpectstions. What ways (ex hdmi) do you hook up a cable box to a television? How do you diagnose a non-functioning internet connection.

Actially...pretty impressed with the final intetview. It was professsional and comprehensive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...very corporate

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. Got an email to do a background check.
    3. Two days later, was contacted by an HR manager to answer a few generic questions.
    4. A week later, got a phone call from a Retail Manager who scheduled an interview the same week.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this phone"
      "Why Rogers?"
      "Have you ever broken policy?"
      "Do you have any sales experience?"   Answer Question