Rogers Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rogers Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Executive Talent Acquisition Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Found the front-line contact to be unprofessional and quite arrogant. (Eg: when he called me he said: "yeah....so-and-so" instead of hello. Also told me that I'd find "no better than Rogers")

The hiring manager was also quite unprofessional. Came in the room and said: "so, we have 30 minutes because I have a meeting right after". Which was a lie, because we spoke for 1.5 hours. Told me that she loved my candidacy and wanted me to meet the C-Suite. Told me that she "had ZERO expectations" coming in to meet me. (Um, thanks????)

It's too bad, because I ended up liking the hiring manager. Really bad first impression, though.

Overall, the feeling was conveyed that I should be so lucky to be contacted by Rogers.

In this tough candidate market, no company can afford to treat talent this way. I was not a fan of the approach at all.

Interview Questions

• 1) Probed 30x (it felt like it) why I was leaving my job.
      2) asked me what I knew about Rogers

No real formal questions after that. More conversational, which I prefer.   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a great interview experience. We take candidate feedback very seriously and use it to help improve our recruiting processes. If you are interested in receiving... More

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2017.

Interview

Was a very laid back interview, went in and did a one to one interview first. The person questioned me for around 10 mins, got a bunch of my information, and then handed me over for a group interview with all the supervisors. This interview was a little harder as there was more people and they asked harder questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in a commission base environment before?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

it is a long, and drawn out process, with multiple interviews, could be better at getting back to employees quicker when they're interviewing internally. making it harder to move up or within other units

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions, nothing special for multiple interview process   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to hire the right candidate within six weeks. Timelines can vary based on several factors including the number of applicants. Our goal is to keep candidates... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

3 rounds - 1st hr, 2nd manager , 3rd vp .the call was very short so as were the other 3 rounds.
    wireless department is very easy to get in if you know a reference from inside.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Tedious. Same questions with different wordings everytime. It was easy to catch what they are looking for but really waiting for an instance to slip up by making you nervous.

Interview Questions

• How did you go beyond the norm to help out a customer?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers put me at ease and I did well than I usually do. Interview lasted around 45 minutes and it flowed really well. It was supposed to be an interview with two stages but they merged it together and that's why it was very convenient and overall this was the best interview I've ever had.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 people took the interview that lasted for about an hour and ended with a role play. most of the questions were situational. There were 3 or 4 technical questions also but they were very easy.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you had to face an angry customer. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multistaged - professional

Fourvstep process:
    Submit interview - focus one rogers goals
    Do online testing - iq, simeulated call centre, petsonalty
    Hr interview - why do u want to work at rogers. Prev ecp
    Group leader interview

Interview Questions

• The hiring process follows steps:

First submit resume/covering
      Second: you will be required to do an online test that involves simeulated call centre calls, basic psychological multiple choices and a basic IQ tupe test
      Third: call from HR, basic experience, why do u want to work at Rogers.
      Fourth: Face to face. Questions: how have u dealt with difficult customers. How did you meet customers ecpectstions. What ways (ex hdmi) do you hook up a cable box to a television? How do you diagnose a non-functioning internet connection.

Actially...pretty impressed with the final intetview. It was professsional and comprehensive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...very corporate

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. Got an email to do a background check.
    3. Two days later, was contacted by an HR manager to answer a few generic questions.
    4. A week later, got a phone call from a Retail Manager who scheduled an interview the same week.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this phone"
      "Why Rogers?"
      "Have you ever broken policy?"
      "Do you have any sales experience?"   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

asked some questions such as introduce yourself, what are you currently doing in the current role, why are you leaving your current position,and do you like some test then gave out several pages questions of sql and sas questions. Interviewer left me alone.After about half hour, she was back and collected test paper and end the interview.