Rogers Communications Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rogers Communications Manager Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by F2F with two managers. Following a standard telephone interview, I was invited to a personal interview where I addressed typical questions. The interview presented an accurate view of what the culture was like at Rogers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rogers Communications

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter was done via phone. I then went in to meet with the hiring manager in person. I met with a panel of 2, and was asked back for a final interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a challenging situation that I had to navigate through in my previous role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, his boss, and another manager from a different group.
    The interview was about 1.5 hours where I had the opportunity to present my presentation. They also presented me with several charts to assess my analytical and deduction capabilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to prepare a presentation in advance, evaluating a new business opportunity. They were interested in understanding my thought process and how I approached handling the problem.

They also delved a lot into my previous experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Phone interview, personality test and one on one interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

TALEO-based; electronic pre-screening: usually 5 to 10 mandatory questions including salary range which generates a candidate score (goal is to not get filtered out at this stage)
    Standard HR review of candidates with highest scores / resume contrains critical key words
    HR recommends candidates to hiring manager; upon manager approval, HR initiaites phone screen. Standard HR behavioural questions and check for skill set match and fit with the organization (usually 30 minutes; tell them what they want to hear).
    Shortlisted candidates (3 to 4) are then brought forward to the hiring manager for f2f interviews (usually 60 minutes; find out if this is the right job / culture for YOU). May be a 1-on-1 or panel-style interview depending on the department,.
    Further shortlist to top 2 candidates for 2nd interview with hiring director/VP (usually 30 minutes; find out if the senior management team is supportive / start selling yourself for your next job / promotion).
    Offer made to top candidate
    End-to-end, process takes about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Are you tough enough for this people management position? Could you fire someone today if you had to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager wanted me so the price was right.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Consist of both technical and behavioral questions.In my case, there was only 1 interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 colleagues, manager, and vp

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rogers?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiated over description salary. This is important as increases are below average 2% or under even if you outperform and exceed your objectives. Bonus reflects performance but it and stock match is tied to base salary so negotiate as high as possible coming in.