Rogers Communications Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First you submit your resume, then you get a link for an online assessment, then you recieve a call, and then you do the in person interview with the manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rogers Communications

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in June 2017.

Interview

Was a very laid back interview, went in and did a one to one interview first. The person questioned me for around 10 mins, got a bunch of my information, and then handed me over for a group interview with all the supervisors. This interview was a little harder as there was more people and they asked harder questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in a commission base environment before?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I always though that rogers was a serious company, I apply online. then i got an assessment to do which took one hours, the same day I got a phone interview and the girl who interview me said I was moving into the next stage, she said that someone from the store I apply would give me a call and if they didn't call me in the next couple of days, to send her an email so that she can remind the store.. I waited a couple of days and since I never heard back, I send her an email.. an email she NEVER answer. I wanted three weeks, and just today I got an email saying they decided to go with someone else.. Next time don't waste someones times, you need to be serious about your job.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a mad customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through the Rogers website and received a phone call 2 weeks later. Had a 30 min interview on the phone about sales and behaviour questions. Got the go to interview with the store manager. Since the manager was in training, they followed up about a month later. Interview was with 2 managers and mostly about sales related questions and how you fit into the team. Great experience overall even through the wait times.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, process was long as there was a very long questionnaire module to complete with scenarios to determine skills. Was contacted by recruiter for phone interview. Contacted by manager for in store interview. Then contacted by recruiter for employment offer. Accepted offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and simple interview.
    I applied online, as previous reviews said some questions for testing your basic ability and skills, including customer service.
    Did a phone interview a few days after online questions.
    Finally interview in person with store manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

- Met at a Rogers Store location to take part in a Job Fair that held interviews on-site
    - Met one-on-one with a current store manager for a 15-min interview.
    - Discussed education, previous experience, why you want to work with Rogers, etc
    - Was told I would be contacted within a week or so if I was selected

Interview Questions

• Describe one example of when you've had to deal with a difficult situation at work, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. An applicant has to submit an online application for the position.
    2. The HR Representative selects from the pool of applicants based on your qualifications.
    3. Selected applicants are asked to answer an online assessment.
    4. Applications who passed the online assessment with have an interview with the HR representative.
    5. After passing the HR Interview, the interview with the Store Manager follows.
    6. The selected candidate then needs to pass the background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer to decide which product to get?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in August 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair and had the interview right at the store. I was told that if the interview was good, the recruiting specialist would get back to me within a week, and then possibly another round of interview. the interview was not hard.

Interview Questions

• Decribe one time when you were facing an angry customer, what did you do at that time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

The whole process really left a bad taste in my mouth about Rogers. I guess I should've expected it considering how awful this company's customer service is. I guess I just didn't expect that that also extended to prospective employees.

I was contacted through email on a Thursday asking me to select a day and time from a list for a phone interview. I chose the following Sunday at 1PM to which the recruiter responded she would connect with me around 1:15PM since she had someone at 1PM. Saturday roles around and she calls me at noon. I answer, obviously confused, since that is not my time slot for an interview. She apologized and I explained that I was to be interviewed on Sunday. She said ok and that she'd call me at noon, to which I had to correct her and say 1:15. Sunday rolled around and I was sitting by the phone and she never called. I sent her an email 30 minutes after our scheduled time asking if we were still on for an interview, to which she never replied. The next morning I sent another email to which she didn't respond.

I am pretty upset considering how unprofessional the whole experience was. A senior recruiter wasn't even organized enough to have her interviewees's times and dates straight. She ignored my emails and didn't even bother to follow through with the interview. If this is how Rogers treats people that want to work for them, I'd be better off working for Bell or Telus. I'm quite offended at how my time was wasted. A very unimpressive experience in general. I have never been so disrespected by a recruiter before. The worst hiring experience I've had.

Interview Questions

Rogers Communications Response

May 27, 2016 – Human Resources

Thanks for leaving a review and bringing this incident to our attention. Our goal is to ensure that all prospective candidates have a positive hiring experience – unfortunately, we didn’t live up to... More