Rogers Communications Technical Support Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rogers Communications Technical Support Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a few weeks later and HR asked me if I was still interested. I confirmed I was and was invited for an interview. The interview went well, it lasted maybe 20 min then I was taken into the call centre to sit with an employee actively taking calls. After this I say with HR and I was asked if I could see myself doing this. I said yes then I started a couple weeks later lol

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember any question but they were all... "Tell me a time....?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rogers Communications

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They asked me if I wrote a book and I had to name the last chapter of the book, what I would call it. I don't remember the answer at the moment but I guess it was a good answer since I got the job. Other questions were regular questions like how you would diffuse a situation where the customer wasn't happy and wanted to cancel or wanted a refund.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

3 step hiring. First if you are a candidate you will get a phone call interview, then a interview/test in person with hiring consultant, then you will be interviewed by two team managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now at Rogers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, followed by in person interview.

Application online was straight forward but does require an account to be created with the Rogers website. I waited about two weeks to get a response which was then turned into a basic phone interview assessing your ability to talk on the phone, answer basic questions, etc.

I was then scheduled for an in person interview at the York Mills location a few days later, I met with two team managers and had a basic interview, not many questions were asked, I was more told how things are done, explained procedures, etc.

After the interview I was asked for a background check, Rogers completed the check themselves and after it cleared I was made a job offer. There was no opportunity for negotiation, it was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer who is demanding instant compensation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Hiring process is technical in nature, with focus on ability to resolve issues described by customers.
    Attention to customer service is a key requirement.

Interview Questions

• Being such a customer oriented position, how do you diffuse an angry customer based on either: previously poor experience, unresolved repeat issues, immediate requests for management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in this position. You are hired for an advertised salary and future career advancement is based on performance and behavior.