Roland Berger Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3.4

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

not hard,several little case questions, the employer asked me about my former internship experience in other consulting companies, and was quite interested in why would I want the summer internship position instead of other companies.

Interview Questions

• estimate how many customers there are in Starbucks in a Monday morning   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Intern Interview

Interview

1st Round: CV and Motivation Letter
    2nd Round: 2 one on one interviews, small cases to solve (!maths!), motivation questions, competencies questions and questions about current affars
    3rd Round: Larger case to solve during 45 minutes, presentation afterwards and Q&A
    4th Round: one on one interview with principal, market sizing questions, motivation review and a small case

Intern Interview

Interview

Declined due to cancer / chemo therapy and not being able to attend original date. Would not recommend to any one. Very im polite and in humane. Very unfortunate that such a big company would do something like this.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

The process involved an assessment center at the office comprised of a GMAT-style test (with actual GMAT questions on quant and verbal) and two case interviews.
    The test was quite difficult and didn't allow calculators for one part.
    The case interviews consisted of personal questions about the CV and personality and a market sizing case each. One interviewer asked a mathematical brain teaser.
    The interviewers were very nice and the tone was rather informal.

Interview Questions

• Personal: Why consulting? What personality complements you best/least in a team? Questions about old internships. How do you do with time pressure/long working hours?
      Technical: Market sizing- Profits of a beer brewer on one night in London; Size of the solar panel market in the UK. Clarification questions and a very structured approach are important   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was studying abroad so I got two phone interviews. First round was behavior question + mini-case, mainly asked me the stuff on my resume, the case was quite simple, more like a discussion to see if you have analytical skills. Second round was another mini-case (typical market sizing question). Interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• How many trolleys should be placed in Terminal 2 of Beijing airport?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process: 1 competency based interview (~1h), 2 case interviews (~1h each)

Afterwards all applicants had coffee and some food, before receiving their feedback. Berger typical culture (less humble etc.) during the interviews, but overall friendly.

Cases can be both interviewer or candidate led. Be prepared for short behavioural and CV-related questions even in second and third interview.

Interview Questions

• Person xy wants to open a food store - good or bad idea?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Rome (Italy)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took a couple of weeks after submitting the application online. 4 interviews on average with at least one with a partner. Might be less if you perform well on the first two

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a response to interview via Skype. Interview is fairly straightforward and goes from the usual "tell me about yourself" pitch to a brain teaser and a mini-case which for me was market entry. I have to say the whole interview process is very poorly managed: I was kept waiting an entire day for an interview. There was no follow up after the interview even though the interviewer said there would be a series of interviews. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• If you are given 1000 cubes to make into one large cube, how many cubes would be left if you were to take one layer off.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

Complicated interview consisting in multiple rounds. You constantly get the feeling like you have to jump through hoops they set higher and higher. Generally cold and distanced interviewer. They showed up late for each one of the 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• GDP growth - present numbers and future development
      Financial crisis impact on an industry   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

1 – Quantitative and business case multiple choice test, applied at campus
    2 - 2 Interviews consisting of personal assessment plus business case with different consultants. Interviews were at local office
    3 – Written business case solved in groups of 4 to 5 people. The solving process took about 8 hours, and the following conclusions presented to the firm’s partners afterwards