Roland Berger Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roland Berger Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

not hard,several little case questions, the employer asked me about my former internship experience in other consulting companies, and was quite interested in why would I want the summer internship position instead of other companies.

Interview Questions

• estimate how many customers there are in Starbucks in a Monday morning   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

The process involved an assessment center at the office comprised of a GMAT-style test (with actual GMAT questions on quant and verbal) and two case interviews.
    The test was quite difficult and didn't allow calculators for one part.
    The case interviews consisted of personal questions about the CV and personality and a market sizing case each. One interviewer asked a mathematical brain teaser.
    The interviewers were very nice and the tone was rather informal.

Interview Questions

• Personal: Why consulting? What personality complements you best/least in a team? Questions about old internships. How do you do with time pressure/long working hours?
      Technical: Market sizing- Profits of a beer brewer on one night in London; Size of the solar panel market in the UK. Clarification questions and a very structured approach are important
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was studying abroad so I got two phone interviews. First round was behavior question + mini-case, mainly asked me the stuff on my resume, the case was quite simple, more like a discussion to see if you have analytical skills. Second round was another mini-case (typical market sizing question). Interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• How many trolleys should be placed in Terminal 2 of Beijing airport?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process: 1 competency based interview (~1h), 2 case interviews (~1h each)

Afterwards all applicants had coffee and some food, before receiving their feedback. Berger typical culture (less humble etc.) during the interviews, but overall friendly.

Cases can be both interviewer or candidate led. Be prepared for short behavioural and CV-related questions even in second and third interview.

Interview Questions

• Person xy wants to open a food store - good or bad idea?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a response to interview via Skype. Interview is fairly straightforward and goes from the usual "tell me about yourself" pitch to a brain teaser and a mini-case which for me was market entry. I have to say the whole interview process is very poorly managed: I was kept waiting an entire day for an interview. There was no follow up after the interview even though the interviewer said there would be a series of interviews. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• If you are given 1000 cubes to make into one large cube, how many cubes would be left if you were to take one layer off.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

Complicated interview consisting in multiple rounds. You constantly get the feeling like you have to jump through hoops they set higher and higher. Generally cold and distanced interviewer. They showed up late for each one of the 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• GDP growth - present numbers and future development
      Financial crisis impact on an industry
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

1 – Quantitative and business case multiple choice test, applied at campus
    2 - 2 Interviews consisting of personal assessment plus business case with different consultants. Interviews were at local office
    3 – Written business case solved in groups of 4 to 5 people. The solving process took about 8 hours, and the following conclusions presented to the firm’s partners afterwards

Intern Interview

Interview

Really nice company. Interviewers really interesting and pleasant. 2 interviews and a GMAT style test. Test is straightforward - maths simple but time is tight - easier than MBB. Usual competency questions - not a huge amount of them. Most of the time spent on market sizing question and short case in second interview. Obviously structure is key so main focus would be making sure you can structure a market sizing appropriately.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview for summer internship. Questions include several behavioral questions, past internship experiences and a mini case.I found the mini case really hard because I was too nervous and kept going the wrong direction and did not know how to get to the right track.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Milan (Italy)) in December 2014.

Interview

First part about work and university experiences made in English to test language skills (15 mins).
    Then second part the interviewer turned into Italian starting a business case. I did 2 bc not so quantitative, more interested in my solution design. The entire interview lasts no more than 30mins, the interviewer seems too hurried.