Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Roland Berger

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds - first round on campus and 2nd round in Boston Office. Both rounds were case interviews (in the 1st round, one case and one behavioral interview with the same consultant), and in the 2nd round, 1 behavioral, 2 cases, and 1 written case. The written case was presented to two consultants in a presentation format, with a Q&A section at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you size the economic impact from a municipal park system?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions

• Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roland Berger in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds made up of 2 interviews each. The first two rounds consisted of cases and a discussion with my interviewer. The last round consisted of discussions with partners about my motivations

Interview Questions

• Pick an industry and give a brief overview of where you see it going in the next 5-10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss prior experience and conduct an overall business knowledge test followed by an in-office super day with other final round applicants. Super day consisted of a group lunch with recent hires, various personality, fit and business questions with some senior consultants, and an in-house case study and presentation with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Do you think Tesla's valuation is justified?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, was invited to the interview two days before the interview. The interviewer was really nice and wanted the interviewee to feel comfortable. Started with the case (a lot of math) following by "walk me through your resume" and couple behavioral questions. Got the call from the interviewer the same evening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Roland Berger?
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

After attending an on campus info session and submitting an online application I was contacted to set up an on campus interview. There was a reception the night before to get to meet the interviewers and then a 30 minute interview with a RB employee.

Interview Questions

• Case study that had a mix of qualitative and quantitative aspects. There were also a number of straightforward behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Roland Berger (London, England (UK)).

Interview

40-minute GMAT like numerical and critical reasoning test as the first step in the process, immediately followed by 2 one hour interviews with middle management level consultants. First round case studies were very straight forward, interviewers generally nice and showed curiosity to understand motivation and background. Second round interviews were with partners, who were much more critical and seemed less interested in getting to know the candidate. Case studies were interviewer-led step by step, to the point where it turned into answering short, direct questions.
    Overall very poor experience compared to other firms, flew in for the interviews from overseas on own expenses, and did not even receive a courtesy call with feedback/evaluation, just a generic brief email communicating the rejection.

Interview Questions

• Questions on CV, all case studies focused on market sizing and guesstimation.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied in mid Jan 2014, got an interview offer 1 month later. Started with interviewer explaining about RB, moved on to interviewer briefing about his own employment history and explained mine. Brainteaser and case study.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roland Berger.

Interview

Hard in house test, and important to have a good cover letter. Found interviewers very friendly and helpful but the case study questions were harder than many I have encountered.