Roland Berger Junior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

3.6

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, was invited to the interview two days before the interview. The interviewer was really nice and wanted the interviewee to feel comfortable. Started with the case (a lot of math) following by "walk me through your resume" and couple behavioral questions. Got the call from the interviewer the same evening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    Why Roland Berger?
    Tell me about a time when you had a conflict in a group setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Roland Berger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

After attending an on campus info session and submitting an online application I was contacted to set up an on campus interview. There was a reception the night before to get to meet the interviewers and then a 30 minute interview with a RB employee.

Interview Questions

• Case study that had a mix of qualitative and quantitative aspects. There were also a number of straightforward behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds - first round on campus and 2nd round in Boston Office. Both rounds were case interviews (in the 1st round, one case and one behavioral interview with the same consultant), and in the 2nd round, 1 behavioral, 2 cases, and 1 written case. The written case was presented to two consultants in a presentation format, with a Q&A section at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you size the economic impact from a municipal park system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, interview process went smoothly. 1 45 min case and behavioral. The interviewer was friendly and engaged the entire time. Helps move you along if you get stuck on the case. I received a phone call after the weekend with some feedback on how I did, which is very helpful. Unfortunately, it came down to a fit situation, and I did not move on in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Roland Berger (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I got almost no fit questions, we went directly to the case studies. The case was invented on the spot but required a certain solution that I could not get.

Interview Questions

• Find a way to improve the sales of a certain product.   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Paris (France)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 rounds = 2x interviews each.
    Hard to organize, but 2 weeks between each once I heard back after submitting my resume.
    The interviews are very standard, with a fit part and a case. The cases didn't include any documents but each of them included calculations.

Interview Questions

• " why would you like to work in consulting? "
      " What type of tasks do you anticipate as a Junior Consultant"
      " Tell me a story where you displayed leadership skills"   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very protracted and time consuming.

Went through all 5 rounds of interviews. After each round I had to call the HR to arrange for the next interview, since there was no communication until after I initiated it . Later on I was scheduled ahead for the final 2 rounds more than 1 week in advance, but I was only informed 2 hours before the 4th round that the interviews were postponed indefinitely.

Afterwards I repeatedly followed up with HR to no avail, but after I sent an email directly to the interviewing partners the interviews were scheduled almost immediately. It seems that HR was a roadblock during the interview process.

After the final interview I was dinged because of a "cultural fit", and did not receive the news until after I called HR.

Overall a very unpleasant and frustrating process

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 4 individual interviews. Each of them lasted for an hour or so. First half was mainly case interviews and the remained hours were personal interviews. Case questions included Fermi problems. Personal interviews were pretty much basic ones.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

1st round: Two case interviews - one with an Associate and one with a Manager, starting with 15 mins fit part; Relatively straightforward
    2nd round: Two case interviews with Partners; Find it difficult

Interview Questions

• Why Consulting?
      Why RB?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roland Berger (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

Two interviews, started by motivation question then case studies. Each interviewer was very easygoing and not here to tackle me but rather construct a solution for a client with me. My advice would be to consider it as a collaboration rather than a confrontation time.

Interview Questions

• Why Consulting ? why Roland Berger ? Why this office in particular ?   Answer Question