Roll Global Public Relations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Roll Global (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was asked to come in and interview for a marketing/PR advertised position for Paramount Farms, specifically the Wonderful Pistachios team. After making me wait 20 minutes, the HR woman finally showed up (I was on time.) She led me to a boardroom with a huge window facing a brick wall and adjacent rooftop. After a few general questions and glancing at my resume before tossing it aside, she left to go find the marketing manager for that team, the person who would be supervising this new hire.
Another woman walked in and seemed unprepared and like she didn't care at all. No eye contact and no personality. There was no detailed job description printed out and she honestly said to me, "I don't know how I ended up in PR. I'm a nutritionist." She said they had many applicants, but they weren't looking to hire until the next quarter. I had many questions about this position I was extremely interested in and when asked asking about specific duties, she said I would be "more of an assistant. Ya know, answering phones and preparing goodie bags for events." My college and professional experience were never questioned.
She got up to leave and I sat there. Forever. Waiting for the HR woman or anyone to come back. No one did. I walked out after 20 more minutes and found my own way downstairs. What a waste of time and energy. They never contacted me to say anything. I never heard a "yes," "no" "get lost" nothing. I wrote them off and decided I would never want to work there anyway since they obviously have no respect for people's time or talent. They just don't care.

Interview Questions