Rolls-Royce Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the RR Website for a Buyer Position. Received a call back from a recruiter in Ohio for a phone screening about a week after submitting application. Received a call from a different local recruiter for a follow-up discussion the next day, who then referred me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. Setup a phone interview 7 days after speaking with local recruiter. About a week later, finally heard back from the hiring manager and setup an in person interview. I was offered a job the day after the formal interview, but respectfully declined due to the low offer. Very lengthy process which is pretty standard for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work for this company, etc.. Standard interview questions. Connected well with the hiring manager, but couldn't accept the position.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Normal Process. Nothing unusual. Same as other companies. Had an phone interview with HR and than an onsite. Onsite was 4 weeks after the phone interview. The process is slow.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was rather speedy, but it was your standard phone screen, phone interview, and final in-person interview. The interview was in depth, as far as, getting a feel for your capabilities, skill set, and background. The hiring process, however, was quite lengthy. It was 45 days from interview confirmation to start date. They have mass orientations only once a month. If you miss it, or are mis-scheduled, oh well, you'll have to wait until the next one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations when you are uncertain about how to get a task accomplished and your manager is not available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2010.

Interview

Standard process...but very lengthy. There is a long waiting period due to the bureaucracy of the process there. Interview difficulty is based on the interviewer....but they try to standardize....so it makes it a bit boring....and hard to appreciate how 'well' or 'bad' the interview is really going.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions or 'Competency Based Questions' are very general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Informal. Open...but they now have pretty strict pay-scales that are near impossible to budge from.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very mechanic interview, following the usual standard process and questions. Manufacturing experience is usually appreciated and many questions are around this topic. Engineers are highly valued as potential candidates even though for a buyer role, even a strategic buyer, in Poland - they accept juniors or with zero experience. Mainly because the local market in Poland doesnt have too many Procurement specialist in any field really.

Interview Questions

• About the Buying process and how I would describe it.   1 Answer