Rolls-Royce Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Design Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. HR conducts the first round of interviews. If you get past this then management conducts the second round. Decisions are made slowly, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the questions are straightforward. Their interviewing process is not too crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as I accepted out of college.

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

hired on through Belcan (a contracting firm)

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2009.

Interview

In person interview and two phone interviews. Consisted of behavioral and technical interview. I was required to do a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used common sense.   4 Answers

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Video interview - General questions about myself, the work I do and the company
    2. Personal interview - detailed interpersonal skill set check, technical knownledge insight check, presentation skill set check, communication skillset check

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Rolls-Royce?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Applied online for a summer internship, was invited to a phone interview within the next few business days. Standard interview questions were asked, such as what are my previous experiences, my predicted degree classification, my future goals and ambitions, what I could provide to Rolls-Royce etc. They asked a little bit about the company but seemed more interested in myself as a person and the potential for development, rather than somebody who can comprehend information displayed on a corporate website.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, future goals, what I can provide, what Rolls-Royce do etc   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Half an hour given to prepare a presentation on any topic of choice. Interview consisted of questions from presentation, questions on physical principles, questions on aero engine and also behavioural questions as to how one will respond to different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Possible reason why the temperature at the turbine is greater than what was expected?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a face to face chat with the Design Manager and included a tour around the facilities. It seemed to bypass the typical Rolls Royce recruitment process as I did not have to complete any assessments. It was a good experience and I felt like I could gained honest information about how it would be working at the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked and I did not feel it was a challenging interview.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

A phone interview followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tedious but with a whole lot of patience you can significantly up the offer