Rolls-Royce Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did all kind of assessment tests, like iq and situationall questions, in 2 days got called for an interview, scheduled interview for next day, got interviewed with behavioral an situational questions, next week got the job offerwhich I acceptet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Columbus, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a posted position on their website. About 2 weeks after submitting my application , I got an email for a phone interview. Scheduled the interview. It seemed like it was conducted by a third party (not Rolls-Royce HR). The interview was only 30 minutes long. Standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a face to face with one person interview. Had a second interview with a hiring manager two weeks later over the phone. Each interview lasted about 45 mins with very easy to no technical questions. Really tried to determine which engineering areas would be a good fit for them and the areas I was interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to come up with a create solution and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

My experience with Aero Engine Controls (AEC) was nothing but exceptional. The communication from Rolls-Royce was efficient, well planned and professional. I was continuously impressed with detailed and prompt information. The culture at AEC seemed professional and yet friendly and relaxed. I was very pleased overall with my experience.

Interview Questions

• The good news about the interview is the questions weren't easy. They definitely test to see if you know your job. This was appealing to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

2 Peoples interviewed me on my college campus. One was taking notes while the other was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How would to describe the use of a Free Body Diagram to a non technical person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

After submission of CV, Covering Questions and Online Test I was invited to interview at the assessment centre. The day itself was interesting but didn't inspire me to work for the company. The day involved:
    - Validation of Online Test Result
    - Presentation/ Interview
    - Group Exercise
    - Technical Interview
    I performed poorly in group exercise because I believe they were looking for what I would describe as an obnoxious form of leadership, and placed this is the highest regard.

Interview Questions

• Describe these engineering concepts in layman's terms...   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online as soon as it became open. CV, cover letter and simple answer to a question. Then had 7 days to complete 4 tests. They were numerical, logical reasoning, SJT and verbal communication tests. A week later I was invited to an assessment centre. This was quite tough as it was a whole day of interviews and tasks. There were technical and competency interviews aswell as a quite tough group task. Competency interview was quite standard with questions about myself. Had to prepare a presentation about myself to show off my abilities and answer questions about it. The technical interview was a test of though process and not really knowledge. But I would recommend reading up on any previous work relating to the field your applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      Explain to me why you made this decision
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was sent online tests soon after. Passed online tests, invited to assessment centre. Assessment centre consisted of a 10 minute presentation, a competency interview, a group exercise, a re-trial of the online tests and a technical interview. I performed well in most of the tasks, but unfortunately messed up technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Group exercise - Make a paper airplane but follow brief very carefully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was divided into two sections with one of them being in the morning and the other being in the afternoon. First section included a competency interview where questions about your reasons to apply were asked and in the second section there was a test and another interview about your skills where you answer questions on fluid mechanics or mathematics

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2016.

Interview

First a lengthy application. Then the standard tests. Numerical and decision based. Not too difficult, a clear calm mind will get you through. Then assessment day is next. The assessors are very nice and work in the same subject area or around it that you apply for. There is another numerical test, a presentation, competency interview, group exercise and technical skills interview. I was very scared about the technical skills but rest assured its not designed to be overly challenging, its to see how you think and how good you are at being a problem solver.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have influenced others to get a desired outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was an internship so no negotiation process.