Rolls-Royce Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

3.5

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did all kind of assessment tests, like iq and situationall questions, in 2 days got called for an interview, scheduled interview for next day, got interviewed with behavioral an situational questions, next week got the job offerwhich I acceptet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Columbus, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a posted position on their website. About 2 weeks after submitting my application , I got an email for a phone interview. Scheduled the interview. It seemed like it was conducted by a third party (not Rolls-Royce HR). The interview was only 30 minutes long. Standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a face to face with one person interview. Had a second interview with a hiring manager two weeks later over the phone. Each interview lasted about 45 mins with very easy to no technical questions. Really tried to determine which engineering areas would be a good fit for them and the areas I was interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to come up with a create solution and what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

There was an on campus interview, then i had to meet with the team for an all day interview where we met with a bunch of people. Had to take two tests, do a presentation, and a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

My experience with Aero Engine Controls (AEC) was nothing but exceptional. The communication from Rolls-Royce was efficient, well planned and professional. I was continuously impressed with detailed and prompt information. The culture at AEC seemed professional and yet friendly and relaxed. I was very pleased overall with my experience.

Interview Questions

• The good news about the interview is the questions weren't easy. They definitely test to see if you know your job. This was appealing to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

2 Peoples interviewed me on my college campus. One was taking notes while the other was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How would to describe the use of a Free Body Diagram to a non technical person?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Hi. What was the status on the website after the interview and before getting the offer? I did the interview and the status changed from selection event to be scheduled to under further consideration. Thx a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute motivational interview in which you are required to give a 5 minute presentation about a topic sent to you beforehand which is then followed by follow-up questions.

1-hour technical interview that is split in 6 sections where each sections tests different aspects of your knowledge.

A group exercise followed by a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the environmental pressures affecting Rolls-Royce.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Interview

I attended an assessment centre which included two interviews and a group activity. The technical interview is very hard and they expect you to have a good knowledge of aircraft engines, despite the position you are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Online application with cover letter and CV as well as some information pertaining to permission to work etc. Thereafter there was a telephone call asking the following:
    - What do you know about the company?
    - What is your salary expectation?
    - Name your key three skills relevant to the role.

Thereafter I was invited to Derby for the interview. The panel was purely technical and the interview was highly technical, too. First, they bring out a schematic of a gas turbine and ask technical questions about the machine. These range from specific complex questions about their IP to basic fundamental questions relevant to your area of expertise. Secondly, they ask STAR type competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed some task or let someone down? How did you regain their trust?   Answer Question
    • Explain the operation of a gas turbine.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to go back to a problem because the first solution didn't work.   Answer Question