Rolls-Royce Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.8

Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

3 weeks overall. Great process. Nice, crisp and easy to follow. Well structured and lots of time to relax before the next task. One to one interview about yourself (prepared or improvised presentation about yourself - up to you which one you choose, I choose improvised), team exercise and a technical interview. All assesses were really friendly and helped along the way, especially in the technical interview which can be very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Description of the steps you take in an design process after requirements are set.   2 Answers
  • Here is a material, can you tell me what material is it from?   1 Answer
  • What happens if a rotation part within fan engine is not balanced properly. Followed by a Non-destructive techniques question.   1 Answer
  • Problems with the Trent 1000.   1 Answer
  • Who are some of Rolls-Royce clients? Which sectors they work in and what are they working on within your chosen discipline (civil, defence, nuclear, etc.)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Scheme is structured so no negotiation is required at this point. You can only affect which are you want to work in.

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby (South Africa)).

Interview

Initially I completed an online application form, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After successfully passing these tests I was invited to an assessment centre in Derby. The assessment centre was made up on a presentation about a given topic, a group exercise, a competency interview and a technical interview.

Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

1) Online application form (CV, Cover Letter & 2 short answer questions).
    2) Immediately after submitting application - 2 online tests (SHL Numeracy and Logic) - 10 days to complete both.
    3) 4 weeks after the tests I was invited to an Assessment Center. RR booked and paid for the hotel and covered all travel expenses for the Assessment Center.

At Assessment Center:

Ice breaker (soft drinks) - chance to introduce ourselves to the assessors and ask questions.
    4) 1 hour skills interview. 10 min presentation on why I want to join RR and what skills I possess (we were asked to prepare in advance) and then follow-up questions from 1 assessor. Questions focus on examples where you can demonstrate communication, team working, leadership etc. skills.
    5) 35 min SHL Numerical reasoning re-test. Did not finish all questions in time.
    6) 45 min design and build group exercise.
    Lunch - another opportunity to ask assessors questions about business/their role in RR.
    7) 1 hour technical interview with 1 assessor. Challenging questions on both general engineering principles and on gas turbines (I found this the most challenging of the day).
    8) Business case/problem solving task

Interview Questions

• Something about bearings - I did not really understand it...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard contract for all graduates so non-negotiable

Engineering Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Engineering Graduate Programme.
    Afterwards I had to take some online tests: behavioural and other IQ tests.
    After a month they sent me an email inviting me for an assessment centre in Berlin.
    At this assessment Centre there was an initial personal interview with common questions to know about yourself and how much you know about the company. Then, the 10 candidates were split in 2 groups to partecipate in a group competition were you had to build a structure capable of displacing 2 marbles from one side to the other of the table. The materials provided were: paper, string and plastic cups. Time limit: 45'
    Finally, a technical interview were they asked me about fatigue and heat transfer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer