Rolls-Royce Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.3

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Lisbon (Portugal)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online assessments that had to be done in 10 days. This was only the first part of the recruitment process.

There were 5 different assessments:
Situational Judgement Questionnaire
Verbal reasoning
Numerical reasoning
Rules and interrelations
Competencies

Interview Questions

• Sequences where we had to find the next elements using logic. Just a few time to complete.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

3 online tests then invitation to assessment day. Consisted of 5 minute presentation to assessor and general interview, then technical interview followed by a final group exercise to make a paper airplane

Interview Questions

• Talk about the different types of failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

It began with...an online application form, then some online aptitude tests, then a day long assessment featuring: those same aptitude tests in controlled conditions, a technical interview of mechanical engineering, a company awareness interview on Rolls-Royce focused on the Civil Aerospace sector, a presentation about myself, and a group activity (to display teamwork skills rather than technical brilliance). After all of that an offer followed.

Interview Questions

• What opportunities do you see ahead for Rolls-Royce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Day begins with a 5 minute presentation about yourself, followed by a half hour interview about your motivations and rolls royce knowledge.

Then there is an hour technical interview looking at different topics and tasks. It's all concepts covered in 1st and 2nd year so nothing too hard, and the examiner helps and prompts you along. Familiarising yourself with engines and basic concepts is a good idea.

Then there is a group assessment, they are looking for you to contribute but not dominate. The task is basically impossible to complete in the time limit so it's more about how you work together as a team than anything else!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply for Rolls Royce instead of similar competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid-November and got the invitation for the online psychometric tests, which I happened to pass (not very tough, but do not guess, if you are unsure, just leave it because it affects your overall percentile). Moving on from there, my application was screened from HR and got selected for the assessment centre (1st week of January 2017), so I was waiting and after 3 months I got the assessment centre invitation. Don't worry if you haven't heard for long, cause they will call.

On the assessment centre day, it was 12 of us. Everyone was nice and friendly, especially the assessors make you feel very comfortable and the hosting ladies are extremely nice too. Make sure you approach each and everyone you meet and have a few words with them, ask about their daily routine, how they got in, etc.

Talk to the other candidates and get to know them, because you are not competing against them if everyone on the day meets the standard, everyone will get an offer. Six of us had to do the personal presentation first followed by the numerical reasoning test. The personal presentation is the most difficult out of the four. You really need to explain why you want to join RR and draw on real life situations when explaining your competencies. Also, smile all the time, they like it and makes you less nervous when they smile back.

On the group activity, we had to build paper aeroplanes, have an eye on the time and follow the instructions very carefully. There was one member in our team who was trying to control everyone, not sure how the assessors took it. Make sure you speak and contribute in some way. At the end you need to present what you did, at the end of this, they will ask you questions like "how would you have done something differently?:, make sure you answer this question even if someone else answers, just add something, they note it down.

The technical interview - people say it's difficult but not really if you're a very technical minded person. Basically, if you are asked a question, which sounds very unfamiliar, apply your principals and make sure you say something without staying blank/lost, they like it and tend to support you when you do this.

Networking is very important, do speak a lot. It's important you leave a good impression, cause at the end of the day they all sit down to talk about the candidates. All the best!!!

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Application process as follows:

Online application
    Online assessments
    Assessment centre

The assessment centre itself was tough, but overall an enjoyable experience. In the technical interview i was asked lots of in depth questions about aero engines, which was not something I had prepared for having applied for the nuclear programme. Despite this i did well at the technical interview and was the best candidate on the day. Unfortunately I wasn't offered the job as i achieved a below average result on my maths test on the day. What a massive error. Make sure that you practice doing them!

Interview Questions

• Despite appling for a nuclear role, was tested on aero engines   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

online tests
    assessment day: competency questions + presentation, technical interview then group assessment. You get a chance to meet interviewers and ask questions at the beginning. Everyone is very nice to you. Know about competitors and products of RR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online tests followed by assessment centre, the assessment centre great experience, wonderful staff who obviously really enjoy the jobs that they do. The only down side to the day is where I believe I slipped up and that was on the group work, I asked a team member to read out the instructions which he struggled to read whilst the other members just started the work without knowing the full task as they had 'done there research' we failed the task miserably, a better group and I think I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Showed a picture of an aircraft engine and asked to explain different parts of it   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

standard interview process, involving 1 to 1 questions. the interview was conducted in 3 areas: competency, technical and motivational. The motivation interview requires you to present a presentation to the assessors explaining why you are a good fit for the company's future ambitions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, Cleared the online assessment, and got an interview call for assessment day after almost one and half month. Consisted of competency and technical interview and group task. The technical interviewer would basically have a list of questions prepared by different departments.