Rolls-Royce Graduate Leadership Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Graduate Leadership Scheme Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

5.0

Graduate Leadership Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Screening on the on-line applications. I have been asked different questions, about why the comapny etc. Straigthfroward and in line with other companies. Emphasise what you do outside uni as they are lookign for rounded people. Then interview at RR sites. 1 day, technical interview to see how you behave and solve problems. Individual interview about your experiences so far and personality. Group excercise to solve a problem in a group ( to see how you work in teams - avoid overpowering others. Then strategy excercise where you need to draft a strategy for some business situation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Graduate Scheme (Leadership) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

I started by filling in the application form with CV attached. WRITE A COVER LETTER! They say this is optional, but you'd be daft to omit it. About 4 weeks later I was asked to complete two online tests (SHL numeracy and the one with all the shapes), followed a week later by a phone interview which focussed on my personal achievements, after which I was invited to an assessment centre.

RR booked and paid for the hotel and covered all travel expenses for the AC. The night before the AC was taken up by a very fancy meal with senior staff and the assessors. We were picked up from the hotel at 7.45 the next morning by taxis which took us to the recruitment building. We met the assessors for coffee at 8, then filled in some paperwork and did a written case study. The group (there were <10 of us) was then split in half, with one half sitting a written maths test and the other half going for technical interviews (each one hour). We then swapped. The maths test is an SHL type but has a lot more questions than the online one, then the interview was about 50:50 between competency based questions and technical questions (note that all leadership programmes have 'technical questions'; they're the ones that are actually about what you'll be doing in the job').

The interview was followed by lunch and then the presentations. We were asked to prepare a 5 presentation in advance and did them one at a time, each followed by a good 5 minutes of very technical questions from the assessors. It is VITAL that you know your stuff about the company; I was quizzed heavily about some very specific aspects of the business. The day was completed with the group exercise.

Interview Questions

• You've talked a lot about the importance of our reputation and the fact that customers know that our products can be relied on. What happens when they fail?   Answer Question