Rolls-Royce Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Fill in application form with a couple of written answer parts, then online tests. Was then invited to assessment day. They put us up in this really nice hotel, included breakfast (feel like it should be expected, but others I've been to didn't) and arranged transport to the centre.

The day consisted of a 10 minute (not a second over) presentation on yourself, directly followed by competency interview. Then, there was a numerical reasoning exercise (like online), and then a group exercise. We then had lunch where we talk with the assessors (you're still being assessed at this point too!) and finally a technical interview, mostly relating to the position you applied for. Finally, we got a tour of their historical exhibition type thing, where they have some of the classic 1920s cars and their jet engines including merlin and trent series.

Although a long day, they make you feel very comfortable and you get a fair bit of time to chat to the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the current share price?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was one on one. Half of interview was technical. Asked to draw what an aero engine looks like and the basics of how it works. Knowledge was pushed to the point where you couldn't answer the questions anymore. They want to know whats the upper limit of your knowledge is.

Second half of interview was a presentation on yourself. How you work as a person, what motivates you, how you would fit into the business and why they should hire you. Think of something original rather than the generic presentation.

There was also a group exercise and a written multiple choice test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was nice and interesting consisting of three sections.: the presentation (which was for 5 mins followed by questions), technical knowledge ( about 1 hour) and group tasks (30 mins) .The assessors were nice, friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

• explain the modes of heat transfer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with an initial online application, and aptitude tests; Numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, diagrammatic reasoning and situational judgement. After this I was invited to an assessment centre in Derby to complete: Competency interview and delivering presentation on "Why you should be employed by Rolls-Royce"; Technical interview; Group exercise; and a repeat of the numerical reasoning test.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe parts of this jet engine?   1 Answer