Rolls-Royce Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screen Interview: asked basic questions about myself-lasted about 15 minutes--interview was with an HR manager
2. Phone Behavioral Interview: asked behavioral questions and one or two job specific questions--lasted about 30 minutes--interview was with someone in job.
3. Assessment Center: all day interview at their office in Indianapolis, IN. I was asked to prepare a speech about myself, behavioral interview questions, case studies, group projects, and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewers were very laid back and relaxed, making it a comfortable environment. I talked with them at a college career fair and was called later that day for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is a time you have had to work in a group towards a difficult goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were given a task to complete that you were unsure how to complete. How did you go about completing it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One by a local manager and the other one via video conferencing with a manager in Derby. First interviewer asked a few technical questions regarding aircraft engines and certain manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a gas turbine engine works   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in September 2017.

Interview

On-Site behavioral interview for a mechanical engineering internship with a follow up phone screening interview. Interview was relaxed but not casual with to Rolls-Royce engineers on campus for hiring. They had several behavioral questions and one slightly technical question.

Interview Questions

• What's a current event you've read about that has affected the company?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain a free body diagram and why it's used to someone unfamiliar with the sciences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair, had to take some tests, and then had an in-person interview. After that I traveled to Indianapolis and had a full day-interview at their interviewing center. They were extremely accommodating and friendly, overall a great experience. I felt extremely comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Rolls-Royce can improve?   Answer Question
    • What in the news do you think is affecting Rolls-Royce and how will the company react to it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I have applied on RR website. After this first step, they asked me to do some tests on-line. The result was positive, then they asked me to go to Derby for the assessment center. During the assessment I have repeated the language test that I already had on-line. Then, I had an interview to present myself to the interviewer, that was very kind with me. After the lunch, with the other guys that were there we had a teamwork exercise. Then, I had my technical interview. It was a very long day, but a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible? Tell me about a time in which you had to be flexible in your past.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Fab interviewers.
    Really nice, very friendly. No need to be nervous.
    Very inspiring company.
     2 interview steps
    1- panel
    2- in depth 2 hour interview
    Met with the current intern. got a good gist of the role.
    Great atmosphere and working environment
    Some of the interview questions were hard- make sure you don't oversell yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest aim/achievement.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Presentation
    Competency Interview
    Numerical Test - Same as online
    Group Exercise
    Lunch
    Technical Interview
    Grad Q+A

Very Helpful and polite throughout the full day, this was my first assessment centre experience and I feel it prepared me well for more in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged with your team, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

A 30 mins interview regarding the engineering processes of the an airplane engine. They don't get too technical but they want to know whether you have the solid foundation of an engineer. They did ask questions pertaining to your personality but they looked like they mostly decided they wanted to hire you or not from your resume. So if they liked your resume and experiences, you probably won't have too much of a problem

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me some questions about my past projects only. Maybe because it was long line phone interview, the sound quality affected my interview somehow, now a big deal anyway.