Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.5

Manufacturing Engineer Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter in the Philippines. One of the questions was what is your total current salary with benefits and what do you want to be at? Later, the hiring manager on the phone interview stated that my salary was too high. There was a miscommunication there in that he did not understand the information provided to him was with benefits.

The phone screen was fairly easy with emphasis on general technical questions. I was informed that if they wanted to move forward they would be in touch within a week. I got a call the next day to schedule the interview.

The on site interview in Walpole, MA was a bit odd. It was with the hiring manager and the technical supervisor. They asked completely different technical questions from the first interview. It was obvious the technical supervisor didn't like my background experience despite the hiring manager being very interested in my background. They also when asked did not provide any details on benefits or any meaningful answers on workplace culture. I briefly met the boss of the hiring manager who also did not provide any information on the company's benefits package besides "we have an industry standard benefits package." This canned line was a huge red flag since I was looking for them to sell me on the above average 401k match policy employees have written about in company reviews within the past year. The plant tour was decent. While small, it was nice to see they were in the middle of upgrading the facility.

In the end, I was OK with not getting an offer due to all of the red flags and non answers I got.

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2016.

Interview

HR called to set up the phone interview. Called into the conference line, had the interview. It was a typical behavioral STAR interview with one general business sense question and one general engine question. There was a little problem with the conference line connection, but I was called by the interviewers' personal phone soon after and continued with the interview. The whole process was very accommodating and the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember it exactly, but it was something like: "Name some of the factors you would consider in deciding the materials selection for the engine." This was the general engine question.   1 Answer

Project Management Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment, interviewed initially on campus. After the interview, everyone was asked to apply directly at the Rolls-Royce careers site to take the assessments. After about 2 weeks, I received an email that I was selected to go to a final day of interviews at the assessment center.

During the final interviews, I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation. This was a little awkward as I was only given 1 interviewer to present to, so it ended up being made into more of a discussion. After this, there was a group interview where we were given 30 minutes to plan the completion of a project. After lunch, we had a final 1 on 1 interview/writing prompt. We were asked to take our group project and analyze steps in the project completion process. My interviewer for this last step seemed very unprepared and didn't seem to understand the questions he was asking.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent event in the media that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

This was just a preliminary phone interview, so it was all behavioral questions, nothing technical. Interview was kind of robotic - I was asked a question, answered it, and then was asked the next question right away. No follow ups to any of my answers, and not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, your future career goals, and why you chose Rolls Royce.   Answer Question

Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with 2 employees followed by an hour long on-site interview at Rolls-Royce in downtown Indianapolis. During the on-site interview, the interviewers asked me to complete a problem solving challenge involving data within excels and rules for the aforementioned data. In addition, the interviewers asked me what I knew about Rolls-Royce Digital and why I wanted to work there.

Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

One one, asks about your previous experiences. A lot of situational questions, with two technical questions at the end. The interviewer was not engaging, and didn't ask many questions about my resume. Did not give much feedback if my answers were bad or good. They were behind on time, and felt kind of rushed.

Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call after submitting my resume on my University's job database. They scheduled an interview on campus in September. The woman interviewing me told me that I would hear back from them within the month, regardless of the outcome. After the interview, I did not hear from them until the end of December, when I received an email saying they would start considering my application. I still have not heard back from them, almost 6 months later. I found it super unprofessional and frankly ridiculous that they never reached out even to reject.

Interview Questions

• What is something happening in the industry that would effect Rolls Royce?   Answer Question
    • Why is inventory counting important?   Answer Question

Product Support Manager Naval Propulsion Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The actual interview with the Dept Mgr and staff was very pleasant and I think they are really great people! I would have been very happy to work with them, support the dept, and workout the needed processes to support the Navy programs. The problem I found extremely unpleasant was the HR process in setting up the interview, and the follow up with HR. The first person I spoke with at HR was very pleasant and friendly, after that it was silence with no follow up for months even with the dept mgr suggesting I was an excellent candidate and that I would hear from them within a week or two. After the interview, it took HR over 4 months to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with turbines in a maritime product support environment?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

I went through a 30 minute telephone interview with two managers. It was difficult to hear both interviewers since they had placed me on speaker phone. We discussed my resume and past employment experience for most of the interview. They asked some behavioral questions.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

On-site interview for Controls and Data Services, subsidiary of RR, in Indianapolis, IN.
    Flew me out and put me up in a nice hotel right in downtown Indie. Thursday night was a networking event at a local restaurant, where you could talk to current employees and managers about yourself and interests in a casual atmosphere. Friday they provided transportation to the employment center, where you got your actual itinerary and the President of CDS talked about the company.
    Two interviews: organizational fit, aka personality, and technical. Both were pretty straight forward and by upper level managers within the company; interviews lasted an hour each. Lunch was with a panel of young employees where we could "ask anything".
    Interview was second week of October, still haven't heard back and it's third week of November.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled conflict.   Answer Question
    • If you could deliver a product that was good enough on time, or perfect but just after the deadline, which would you do?   1 Answer
    • How do you motivate others?   Answer Question
    • Make an algorithm where you're given three numbers describing a triangle and have to determine whether it's equilateral, isosceles, or scalene.   Answer Question