Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

411 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The hiring process took about 10 weeks from application to offer acceptance. It was the most unorganized process I've ever experienced, but I'd like to think this is due to 1 inefficient recruiter.

Applied in August and received an email request for a phone interview 2 weeks later. About a week later I received an email request from a different recruiter for a face-to-face interview in Indianapolis. Within a day or so they had organized my flight and hotel and forwarded me interview confirmation.
    I interviewed about a week later.
    The interview was easy. They asked questions about my background, told me about the position and their expectations and gave me a brief tour of the facility. Most of the discussion was me asking questions.
    The day after my interview I received an email from the initial phone interview recruiter stating that I will no longer be in contact with her (or the second recruiter) but will need to contact a new person going forward. okay....
    I received an offer the next day via phone, but didn't receive the letter for a week. I countered the very next day and didn't receive an update for a week. This negotiation untimeliness made this process extremely long and tiring. When I was lucky enough to get in touch with the new recruiter she was disorganized and untimely. We went back and forth over PTO, base salary and start date. Start date constantly changed because it took so long for them to counter.

Final paperwork was signed on week 10 and I started 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

So far the process has been great! Great communication easy to follow instruction on how to prepare for the interview. Questions were answered immediately. Travel arrangements were set up in advance for me. Expectations were made clear and concise. Never had an interview so well organized.

Manufacturing Engineer Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter in the Philippines. One of the questions was what is your total current salary with benefits and what do you want to be at? Later, the hiring manager on the phone interview stated that my salary was too high. There was a miscommunication there in that he did not understand the information provided to him was with benefits.

The phone screen was fairly easy with emphasis on general technical questions. I was informed that if they wanted to move forward they would be in touch within a week. I got a call the next day to schedule the interview.

The on site interview in Walpole, MA was a bit odd. It was with the hiring manager and the technical supervisor. They asked completely different technical questions from the first interview. It was obvious the technical supervisor didn't like my background experience despite the hiring manager being very interested in my background. They also when asked did not provide any details on benefits or any meaningful answers on workplace culture. I briefly met the boss of the hiring manager who also did not provide any information on the company's benefits package besides "we have an industry standard benefits package." This canned line was a huge red flag since I was looking for them to sell me on the above average 401k match policy employees have written about in company reviews within the past year. The plant tour was decent. While small, it was nice to see they were in the middle of upgrading the facility.

In the end, I was OK with not getting an offer due to all of the red flags and non answers I got.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

All over the phone. Pretty relaxed. First interview was with HR, the second was with the actual hiring managers. It was all over the phone as well. Over all, pretty easy going interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1st round- more behavioral questions than anything. Know current events effects Rolls Royce.
      2nd round- more casual. Less behavioral, more about the position and accounting based questions. Along with relevant experience.   Answer Question

Senior Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with qualifying phone interview, then brought in to meet hiring manager and be tested on Cyber threat test cases. Month later brought in to meet UK Cyber manager. Started a couple months later.

Interview Questions

• Had several cyber threat examples and have me look at them and determine what was going on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in December 2016.

Interview

I had my resume forwarded by a peer who worked for them in the summer and was hired full time. I had to email a couple times before I was asked to conduct a phone interview. Once I did that I called, emailed, and sent a thank you note before I heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict. What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What have you seen in the news recently that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in November 2016.

Interview

HR called to set up the phone interview. Called into the conference line, had the interview. It was a typical behavioral STAR interview with one general business sense question and one general engine question. There was a little problem with the conference line connection, but I was called by the interviewers' personal phone soon after and continued with the interview. The whole process was very accommodating and the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember it exactly, but it was something like: "Name some of the factors you would consider in deciding the materials selection for the engine." This was the general engine question.   1 Answer

Project Management Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment, interviewed initially on campus. After the interview, everyone was asked to apply directly at the Rolls-Royce careers site to take the assessments. After about 2 weeks, I received an email that I was selected to go to a final day of interviews at the assessment center.

During the final interviews, I was asked to give a 10 minute presentation. This was a little awkward as I was only given 1 interviewer to present to, so it ended up being made into more of a discussion. After this, there was a group interview where we were given 30 minutes to plan the completion of a project. After lunch, we had a final 1 on 1 interview/writing prompt. We were asked to take our group project and analyze steps in the project completion process. My interviewer for this last step seemed very unprepared and didn't seem to understand the questions he was asking.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent event in the media that would have an impact on Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Rolls-Royce?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

This was just a preliminary phone interview, so it was all behavioral questions, nothing technical. Interview was kind of robotic - I was asked a question, answered it, and then was asked the next question right away. No follow ups to any of my answers, and not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, your future career goals, and why you chose Rolls Royce.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with manager asked general interviewing questions. Followed by in person interview which was more technical. The in person interview was conducted by a panel of 4 interviewers. Asked several questions ranging from previous experiences to theoretical questions.