Rolls-Royce Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.8

Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by online psychometric tests on numeracy, verbal reasoning and logical reasoning. I was then called a few months later and they invited me to come along to the assessment centre in Derby. This involved a competency interview where they ask questions on their core values such as technical skills, courage and respect, common sense, breadth/awareness, influence etc. There was also an interview to assess your understanding and knowledge of the company and the role, a personal presentation, a group activity involving putting together a pitch for a new product and we had to repeat one of the original psychometric tests. We also got the chance to speak to two graduates who were in their first year of working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you witnessed a confrontation in a working environment and what you did to help.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Relaxed and assessors very friendly. Recommend to be yourself and be aware of the core competencies required. Role and company awareness key to success. Fun group exercise, take leadership whilst doing tasks.

Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Full day assessment centre consisting of a written test repeating one of the online tests, two individual interviews, a group exercise, plus an individual personal presentation with no aids or props.

Operations Management - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by online test. If you are successful you get invited to an assessment centre. It is a half day assessment centre now (approx 8:30 am til around 1pm). It is really quick, I applied mid Sept 17 and had my assessment centre by mid Oct 17 (4 weeks total). You hear back within 2 working days of the outcome. Unfortunately I didnt get an offer, but you get excellent feedback.

Assessment centre involves: motivational presentation (you get the topic beforehand) where you give a 5 min presentation and answer questions in a 1 to 1 environment. Make sure you know about the business and the role. Need is an interview. The interview is quite in depth and looks to see your motivation, your knowledge of the company, what the role involves and quite a few questions where you need to use the STAR approach (i.e. describe a scenario). You also have a short written case study where you are given a problem and have around 20 mins to read it and give your responses. Finally, its a fun group exercise.

I'd say make sure you fully understand what Rolls Royce does and what the role is about. If not you will struggle. But it was a good experience and the assessors are really friendly.

Interview Questions

• what do you think an operations manager deals with in a typical day?   5 Answers