Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One by a local manager and the other one via video conferencing with a manager in Derby. First interviewer asked a few technical questions regarding aircraft engines and certain manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a gas turbine engine works   1 Answer

Product Support Manager Naval Propulsion Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Walpole, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

The actual interview with the Dept Mgr and staff was very pleasant and I think they are really great people! I would have been very happy to work with them, support the dept, and workout the needed processes to support the Navy programs. The problem I found extremely unpleasant was the HR process in setting up the interview, and the follow up with HR. The first person I spoke with at HR was very pleasant and friendly, after that it was silence with no follow up for months even with the dept mgr suggesting I was an excellent candidate and that I would hear from them within a week or two. After the interview, it took HR over 4 months to follow up.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with turbines in a maritime product support environment?   Answer Question

MRPC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Have interviewed as interviewee and interviewer for this position. It is three part. The generic tell me about your self, a case study and some scripted questions. They have to read from the script. HR is outsourced and very mechanical. Don't be discouraged. Often managers go directly by the book and are looking for a very specify skill or experience. Keep applying as some managers can see talent even if it misses a few words on the resume.

Interview Questions

• All the standard 'tell me about a time.....'; you failed, led a big project, dealt with a difficult coworker etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are fro outsourced HR. I was told they have a very strict formula they go by. I have not seen much movement from them but try. Your advancement once hired is capped by % raises you are allowed. Very difficult to 'catch up'.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Very "comfortable" behavioral interview. Went through and studied typical behaviorlal interview questions and got an in person interview. Also spent a lot of time discussing things off of "the cheat sheet." Discussed career aspirations, and more fun topics as well. Over all a very short (about 30 minute) interview that became an hour long (which can be good).

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

I went through a 30 minute telephone interview with two managers. It was difficult to hear both interviewers since they had placed me on speaker phone. We discussed my resume and past employment experience for most of the interview. They asked some behavioral questions.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

On-site interview for Controls and Data Services, subsidiary of RR, in Indianapolis, IN.
    Flew me out and put me up in a nice hotel right in downtown Indie. Thursday night was a networking event at a local restaurant, where you could talk to current employees and managers about yourself and interests in a casual atmosphere. Friday they provided transportation to the employment center, where you got your actual itinerary and the President of CDS talked about the company.
    Two interviews: organizational fit, aka personality, and technical. Both were pretty straight forward and by upper level managers within the company; interviews lasted an hour each. Lunch was with a panel of young employees where we could "ask anything".
    Interview was second week of October, still haven't heard back and it's third week of November.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled conflict.   Answer Question
    • If you could deliver a product that was good enough on time, or perfect but just after the deadline, which would you do?   1 Answer
    • How do you motivate others?   Answer Question
    • Make an algorithm where you're given three numbers describing a triangle and have to determine whether it's equilateral, isosceles, or scalene.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a first round interview with HR where they asked me basic behavioral questions, except for a question where they asked me to name a current event and how it affects the company. It took them over two months to get back to me and schedule a second interview with an engineer. The second interview was much more lax with a few behavioral questions and questions about relevant school projects and previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a news article or current event that you have seen recently that would have an impact on Rolls Royce?   1 Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Half hour long preliminary phone interview. Seemed more geared toward determining if I was a good philosophical/personality fit for their corporate culture. There also seemed to be a bit of "guidance" toward what might be an acceptable salary range to ask for, which was about $10K lower than I was thinking would be appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Is this a job you envision staying at for a long time?   Answer Question

Strategic Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

First was a phone screen to review the resume. Second was a phone screen by on site HR follow up. Third was an on site with the hiring manager. Standardized topics, with multiple questions the manager can ask depending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is happening around the globe that can impact the Aerospace industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did all kind of assessment tests, like iq and situationall questions, in 2 days got called for an interview, scheduled interview for next day, got interviewed with behavioral an situational questions, next week got the job offerwhich I acceptet.