Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.3

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Half hour long preliminary phone interview. Seemed more geared toward determining if I was a good philosophical/personality fit for their corporate culture. There also seemed to be a bit of "guidance" toward what might be an acceptable salary range to ask for, which was about $10K lower than I was thinking would be appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Is this a job you envision staying at for a long time?   Answer Question

Strategic Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

First was a phone screen to review the resume. Second was a phone screen by on site HR follow up. Third was an on site with the hiring manager. Standardized topics, with multiple questions the manager can ask depending on the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is happening around the globe that can impact the Aerospace industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did all kind of assessment tests, like iq and situationall questions, in 2 days got called for an interview, scheduled interview for next day, got interviewed with behavioral an situational questions, next week got the job offerwhich I acceptet.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Columbus, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a posted position on their website. About 2 weeks after submitting my application , I got an email for a phone interview. Scheduled the interview. It seemed like it was conducted by a third party (not Rolls-Royce HR). The interview was only 30 minutes long. Standard questions.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the RR Website for a Buyer Position. Received a call back from a recruiter in Ohio for a phone screening about a week after submitting application. Received a call from a different local recruiter for a follow-up discussion the next day, who then referred me to the hiring manager for a phone interview. Setup a phone interview 7 days after speaking with local recruiter. About a week later, finally heard back from the hiring manager and setup an in person interview. I was offered a job the day after the formal interview, but respectfully declined due to the low offer. Very lengthy process which is pretty standard for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work for this company, etc.. Standard interview questions. Connected well with the hiring manager, but couldn't accept the position.   2 Answers

Finance Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Applied online, completed online assessment. Called back about 2 months later. 1 phone interview with recruiting firm -- very structured, very behavioral. About a month later, received second round interview with employee. She mostly spoke about the specific functions of the summer intern at her plant; the interview was very conversational. Currently waiting on "3rd screening" which should be final round.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They want you to answer questions using STAR method.   Answer Question

MPRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I got the interview through meeting a college recruiter on my campus. The next day I had an hour long phone interview. The college recruiter was friendly and the phone interviewer was very helpful in explaining some of the questions. The next step is to be invited to an assessment day for more interviews and some critical thinking / project tests.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in January 2015.

Interview

First I an initial phone screening with an HR person. 20 minute interview, asking to walk her through my resume and a few easy questions. A month later I had a phone interview with the five employees I would be working with, about a 40 minute interview. A month after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is our customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are some of the major challenges we face as an organization at the moment?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Normal Process. Nothing unusual. Same as other companies. Had an phone interview with HR and than an onsite. Onsite was 4 weeks after the phone interview. The process is slow.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial communication involved talking to a rolls Royce representative at a career fair. I got a calk about a month later asking me to come out for an in person interview. Interview consisted of personal and technical sections. Overall, very fair questions were asked and procedure was as expected. Response from company came within a month of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Asking about teams not going as planned for behavioral interview.   Answer Question