Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.3

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and set up a phone interview with a third party. It took them a couple different calls to finally reach me and it was hard for me to know who was calling because I was never left a message. The lady had a bit of an accent and was hard to understand at first, but was very nice and understanding. She ended up being the one to interview me and was very concise about how the interview was laid out. At the end she reviewed all of my answers in order to allow me to prepare for the next step if I was to make it on to the assessment center.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask any technical questions in the initial interview ; it was all behavioral analysis questions. One question that really got me was one about their current events; "What do you think our customer's biggest issue is with us (Rolls-Royce) at this time?"   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Mostly the interview was behavioral . It was a telephonic interview, which lasted for approximately 45 minutes. The Hr was taking the interview, it seemed to me that she was reading list of questions handed over to her. She was very friendly and polite. I dint get through the interview because of the citizenship status. They asked if i want to apply for another position which they would provide sponsorship , after applying to the second position i haven't heard from them.

Production Materials Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an on-campus interview and a phone interview. The on-campus interview was more focused on technical skills and the phone interview was with two upper management individuals in my group that seemed to really be testing whether I would fit into the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• What experiences from your past have you shown passion and drive? Explain.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair, had to take some tests, and then had an in-person interview. After that I traveled to Indianapolis and had a full day-interview at their interviewing center. They were extremely accommodating and friendly, overall a great experience. I felt extremely comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Rolls-Royce can improve?   Answer Question
    • What in the news do you think is affecting Rolls-Royce and how will the company react to it?   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Online application with a four test assessment. Once this is completed I got a phone interview a week or two later. After this they flew me out to Indianapolis for an Assessment Center Interview. They paid for the flight, and hotel upfront and gave $50 a day for food. They then interview you for 8 hours the next day and provide lunch. The interview is composed of a pre-prepared 10 minute presentation, 30 minute group presentation, museum tour, and case-study analysis.

Interview Questions

• What would you have done in this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they determine your salary based on your year and degree.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a face to face with one person interview. Had a second interview with a hiring manager two weeks later over the phone. Each interview lasted about 45 mins with very easy to no technical questions. Really tried to determine which engineering areas would be a good fit for them and the areas I was interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to come up with a create solution and what was the result.   Answer Question

Customer Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied to RR through job posting on university recruiting site. Received a phone interview a month or so later. Found out I got a second round interview the day after that was happening in a few days. Went to Indy for the second round 'Assessment Day' (hotel and travel all paid for, which was nice). 'Assessment Day' involved a 2-on-1 interview for about an hour, an essay, a group business case, 2 tests, and presentation with Q&A. Very intense but was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were stuck in an ethical dilemma and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Good initial contact from screening personnel. Good follow up by screening personnel. Interview inquired on whether ok with transition to Siemens per sale. The interview was hard sell to take the job. Interviewer indicated that he would be seeing the candidate for a face to face but never scheduled and form reject sent.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. HR conducts the first round of interviews. If you get past this then management conducts the second round. Decisions are made slowly, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the questions are straightforward. Their interviewing process is not too crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation as I accepted out of college.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in May 2014.

Interview

I heard from an organization I am a part of that Rolls-Royce was still hiring for a summer internship. I emailed the listed contact with my résumé and a brief cover letter. About two and a half weeks later, I received a call from this contact asking when we could meet on campus for an interview in person.

When I showed up at the interview location, there were two people interviewing and I ended up interviewing with the one with whom I had not previously spoken with. We sat down, and he told me that Rolls-Royce has very standard interview procedures. Then he pushed the papers with these standardized questions off to the side and proceeded to ask me to tell him about myself. He then just more questions about what I'm studying, showing great interest in my business minor. By the end, he never asked any typical behavioral or otherwise expected interview questions. We basically just chatted about what I've learned in school and he asked me some questions about what sort of factors I would need to consider given certain circumstances.

The interview went very well, and he told me he liked my attitude and drive. A couple hours later, he gave me a call. He said he was recommending me for another position that would utilize my business skills more and I would hear from this other person the next day to set up a phone interview. That's just what happened, and the phone interview went great. Shortly after the interview, I received an email saying that I was being recommended for the internship and I would hear back about start date within the next week or two.

A week and a half later, I was contacted with paperwork, etc. A drug test is required as well.

Interview Questions

• There was no really difficult question, as he did not use the standard questions. The most unexpected questions were those that were unique to myself. He asked me about different business considerations under certain circumstances.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was simply congratulated, and we proceeded from there.