Rolls-Royce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

3.3

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

First step is one on one interviews, in which they ask you personal and technical questions. The second step is spending a day on their campus taking some more technical test and meeting people. The interview portion is a pretty standard one on one interview. Depending on what the expertise of the person interviewing you is where their questions will come from.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was about a communication network. This was difficult because my area of focus is not communications and I have had very little exposure to this field.   Answer Question

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mount Vernon, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

This company had two section for interview process. at first I had an phone interview that mostly I spoke about my previous experiences. in the nest step I had an face to face interview that it was about some technical and management questions.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions were about some sections that I did not have any experience about them and they need for this position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview focused more on technical and personality type questions than career oriented ones. The interview style was two on one and both interviewers were laid back and friendly. When asking technical questions they wanted the simplest answer possible. The whole process took about 30 minutes. AEC seemed like a nice company to work for, but they are only based out of Indy.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. The technical questions were pretty basic and open ended.   Answer Question

Systems Design Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I completed their summer internship before being hired full-time. For the System Design Integration Engineer role it is more important that the applicant have the right skill set in the aerospace engine industry than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects you have worked on at your master's program?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was good at first. Good up front communication with a real recruiter in the their HR department. Recruiter gave me good info about the company and position and its potential for growth. Phone screen was good and good communication about what would be next in the process. But once I was not selected to go further for an in-person interview it reverted back to the all to familiar impersonal rejection email. No personal call back to give feedback on how to improve.

Interview Questions

• Actually there weren't really any tough questions. It was much more an information exchange rather than a phone screen.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied on their website sometime in October and got an interview with them in February. First interview was on phone, lasted about 45 minutes and were mostly behavioral questions and what does RR do. About few days later got invited to on-day assessment in Indianapolis. They accommodated me very well and the night before the interview there was a mixer with about 15 other candidates and Rolls-Royce employees. The actual day of the assessment there was a presentation about my skills, 2 interviews, group exercises, math, reasoning tests and a discussion about your solution to the case study they give you. All in all, very difficult interview process. Make sure you know what RR does and be familiar with their products.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone with no authority?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

There was an on campus interview, then i had to meet with the team for an all day interview where we met with a bunch of people. Had to take two tests, do a presentation, and a group interview.

Summer Internship Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Met them at student career fair, called me that night to interview. Asked A LOT of very specific questions about the company such as competitors, the product, etc. it was a pretty stressful interview for it only being a prelimanry one. They didnt want me because i didnt have enough exprience, they wanted a junior

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Reston, VA).

Interview

1st round interview. Comprised of a basic STAR interview based on the company's 5 core values (buried on the website). Then discussion about the macro-level (SWOT) potential of the company.
    2nd Round interview. Presentation about self, strategy interview, behavioral interview, IQ test, math test, and group activity.

Interview Questions

• State a time that you had to influence others without any authority.

Where do you see the company in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation since it was for an internship, did negotiate some on salary

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

My experience with Aero Engine Controls (AEC) was nothing but exceptional. The communication from Rolls-Royce was efficient, well planned and professional. I was continuously impressed with detailed and prompt information. The culture at AEC seemed professional and yet friendly and relaxed. I was very pleased overall with my experience.

Interview Questions

• The good news about the interview is the questions weren't easy. They definitely test to see if you know your job. This was appealing to me.   Answer Question