Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2019.

Interview

1st interview was phone interview. About a week later, had an interview by 3 people. Took place in a meeting room, but very comfortable conversation. Would have like to work with that group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2019.

Interview

Interview went very smoothly. They know its stressful so they tell you that they are okay with you taking a moment to gather your thoughts. They mostly just ask very general behavioral questions. I had two 30 minute phone interviews which were almost identical, one with a recruiter and one with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made in your career?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you overcame a challenge, whether it be in your personal or professional life.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview took one hour based in Derby. I was informed that one week before the process. I really enjoyed the interview they were that of competency questions, just generally how you performed in a difficult situation and what your leadership skills are. The people who interviewed me were really nice I had one who was my manager and another senior manager of the team. I really enjoyed it and I thought was a great experience

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

One hour for personality interview, another 50 mins for group project, another 1 hour for technical interview. During the tech interview they'll ask some questions that you never heard and you need to show your thinking process to them. It's hard but their feedback said I did well on that part.

Interview Questions

• He showed me a cross section of a fan blade and asked me how can I make it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in October 2010.

Interview

The career services department at my university contacted me on behalf of Rolls Royce and set up the interview. Some of the questions were very descriptive in that you would have to know a lot of prior information about the company.

Interview Questions

• As a civil systems engineering company, what kind of challenges do you see us facing in the future and what can we do to prohibit those things from happening?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you thought a certain way about a particular issue, everyone disagreed with you and no one was supporting you, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. A phone interview, fully technical. Shortlisted for Assessment Day. It took 5 hours on Assessment day. Started with a presentation about myself infront of 5 Managers from different sections of Rolls Royce. Then a team exercise to build a tower from spaghetti sticks. After that a 1:1 technical interview, which was no doubt difficult. And then SHL test consisting of basic Maths and English reading. Maths was very basic with Percentages and Ratios but English was a bit confusing. Shortlisted after Assessment day for a panel interview, which was all based on previous experience and technical knowledge of the field applied for.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, send your CV to the hiring manager, you will get respond very quickly. Then, you will receive a telephone brief interview where you need to talk something about yourself. The final step is to visit the factory on site. You will be interviewed by a manager and a manufacturing team leader. Normally, the interview lasts 1-2 hours which depends.

Interview Questions

• Give us a introduction of yourself and let us know more about you? What's your educational background?   Answer Question
    • What are your biggest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference of Automotive factory and Aerospace factory?   Answer Question
    • Have you met a situation which you miss the deadline?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Washington, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruitment website is good, initial contact with recruiters were helpful. Interview organised quickly, interview was onsite Washington. After the interview I had a long 6 week wait. Recruiters were really unhelpful as outsourced to Alexander Mann.

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Had to do 3 online tests, then invited for an assessment centre. The day was long and involved redoing the online tests, presentation (followed by a competency interview), a group exercise, meeting the graduates and then a technical interview

Interview Questions

• When measuring the temperature in an engine test bed the reading were not correct, what reasons could explain this ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the Female Undergraduate of the year and I got to the top 20, where I attended an assessment centre with Rolls Royce. The 2 days of assessment were very intense, but also incredibly interesting, I could speak with some of the Senior managers and getting an insight of the company. The interview was long, I had an hour interview, 20min case study, 30min group exercise and 20 min business presentation.

I really recommend the experience to anyone.