Cover image for Rolls-Royce

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 821 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Rolls-Royce

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce

Interview

got offered interview through and email and 3-min screening call, and then an interview with general questions (they asked about work experience and relevant skills) got offered interview through and email and 3-min screening call, and then an interview with general questions (they asked about work experience and relevant skills)

Rolls-Royce

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce in Nov 2021

Interview

Competency based interview with no major trip—up questions. Well conducted by very pleasant competent panel. Excellent process which was explained at the start along with more detail about the role.

Interview Questions
  • What do you believe will be the biggest challenges in the next 12 months?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

First I received an email about setting up a time for phone screening. The phone screening was some hr rep from corporate asking general resume, salary, benefits questions. A few days after the phone screening I was emailed about scheduling a video interview which the only time slots were 2+ weeks out. The video interview consisted mainly of behavioral questions , and a few technical questions mainly based on my current role and experience related to the job. It was an engineering director and engineering manager. 1 hour was them asking me questions, then I had 30 minutes to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
  • How do manufacturing processes relate to quality systems? Tell me about LEAN manufacturing and why it is important?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied for the job position via Rolls Royce Singapore job portal, I received first interview via phone call within a week, I received second interview invitation within a month.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself Why this position What's your 10-year plan

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Singapore)

Interview

Short intro question, followed by some behavioural competency questions (tell me about a time when you....), then some technical questions relevant to the casting process. I had 2 people interview me, and it was standard interview style (no assessment centre or pre-work for this particular role, although they do run recruitment that way more often now).

Interview Questions
  • How would you measure the directional metallurgical grain structure of a single crystal turbine blade?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2019

Interview

1st interview was phone interview. About a week later, had an interview by 3 people. Took place in a meeting room, but very comfortable conversation. Would have like to work with that group.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Washington, England) in Jan 2018

Interview

Recruitment website is good, initial contact with recruiters were helpful. Interview organised quickly, interview was onsite Washington. After the interview I had a long 6 week wait. Recruiters were really unhelpful as outsourced to Alexander Mann.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

The online application was followed by a online test which included situational judgement, numerical and personality test. At the interview there was a presentation where a few questions were asked afterwards. Then there was a technical interview and a group exercise. The technical interview consisted of competency questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What problem did you solve recently as a engineer?

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England) in Aug 2017

Interview

Extremely professional where we were made to feel at ease. The interviewer explained the whole process with clarity and gave sufficient time for questions. The team assessment was interesting, however didn't feel any pressure during the process

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions. Mostly General job related questions with some "How would you handle scenarios", such as, How to handle conflict in the workplace.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blankenfelde-Mahlow

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Blankenfelde-Mahlow) in Jul 2017

Interview

After submitting my application, I made a pretty standard online test and after 4 weeks I became the invitation for AC. It started with a coffee & talk, where the applicants first met. After that, we made a small part of the same online test in written form, in order to show that we did it by ourselves. Then, there was skills and experience interview with one of the assessors. In this Interview you have to present yourself in a given time and then the assessor asks you standard interview questions. What was the biggest problem you had to solve? What was the result? etc. After that, there was a group activity, in which you had to make a paper plane considering the given market requirements and costs. It was quite fun. After that round we went together to lunch and then there was the 2nd round of interview. Here the assessors ask you about technical questions about manufacturing. Some can be really tough and unexpected. After that the AC is over and you have a chance to ask your questions to a trainee who comes to Q&A round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews