Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.5

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2012.

Interview

There were three interviews in total. The first was informal setting to understand about the role and myself. The second interview was with the technical team which was more detailed - asking about manufacturing processes, describing how the Gas Turbine Engine Work, past experiences, and why Joining the company.
The third interview was based on two Psychometric analysis tests - so long as you prepare ahead, there are no surprises in these tests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Full recruitment day process, team building exercises, short presentation trying to sell yourself and why you're amazing (wasn't too keen on that bit), basic numeracy test and a technical interview. Staff seemed quite stern/serious.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The online application was followed by a online test which included situational judgement, numerical and personality test. At the interview there was a presentation where a few questions were asked afterwards. Then there was a technical interview and a group exercise. The technical interview consisted of competency questions and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What problem did you solve recently as a engineer?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely professional where we were made to feel at ease. The interviewer explained the whole process with clarity and gave sufficient time for questions.
    The team assessment was interesting, however didn't feel any pressure during the process

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Mostly General job related questions with some "How would you handle scenarios", such as, How to handle conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blankenfelde-Mahlow (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Blankenfelde-Mahlow (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I made a pretty standard online test and after 4 weeks I became the invitation for AC. It started with a coffee & talk, where the applicants first met. After that, we made a small part of the same online test in written form, in order to show that we did it by ourselves. Then, there was skills and experience interview with one of the assessors. In this Interview you have to present yourself in a given time and then the assessor asks you standard interview questions. What was the biggest problem you had to solve? What was the result? etc. After that, there was a group activity, in which you had to make a paper plane considering the given market requirements and costs. It was quite fun. After that round we went together to lunch and then there was the 2nd round of interview. Here the assessors ask you about technical questions about manufacturing. Some can be really tough and unexpected. After that the AC is over and you have a chance to ask your questions to a trainee who comes to Q&A round.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

An assessment centre at the university where I was doing my master, with group activities, including building a tower with a group of 5 people, then individual questions interview related to the role you're applying for, followed 1 month later by an interview with a manager on site where they ask you questions related to the role and they show you around.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotherham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Rotherham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard 1 hour interview on site. Entrance is pretty straightforward if you've been to a factory before, i.e. guard house report, escorted through, get placed in a room, interview commence.
    Go through the CV, asked why you want to work here (industry vs academia), describe a manufacturing process. Very fast paced, the interviewer wanted to see if you can react quick (gets shut down if too lengthy words used/not straight to the point), understand the type of work within the factory, what role you wanted (3 advertised).

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

I applied online, did the online tests, then was called in for an assessment centre. The assessment centre lasted half the day, involved competency questions as well as behavioural questions. I also had to prepare a 10 minutes presentation about myself

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important part of a turbine blade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Your application and CV is only reviewed by HR once you pass the online tests, which are used to weed out the weaker people.

HR are very kind, and will help you to arrange any transportation or overnight accommodation at the assessment centre.
    There will be about 15 candidates at the assessment centre, all of them applying to the same business area. The intern, summer intern, and graduate applications spend the day together in the same group. The majority of the other people are from top-ten universities like Oxford and Cambridge, with lots of prior industrial experience, so the competition is high!

You have to redo the numerical test, which has the same format at the online test you have already done, but will be completed on paper instead. There have been stories where people have done well at the assessment centre and were seriously considered for an offer, but only to have failed the numerical test.

You then have to give a 10-minute presentation where you are given the opportunity to pitch yourself. This is followed by a competency interview, where they will ask the standard questions ("give an example of a time when you...?"). I would recommend researching as much as you can about the company beforehand. (protip: make a note of the current share price!)

You are then split into teams of 5 for the group assessment. You are given about 45 minutes to complete a set task, which will usually consist of an element of design, costing, and construction, etc.

Finally you have the technical interview. This is (in my opinion) the hardest part of the assessment centre. You will be asked a whole range of questions relating to the business area you have applied to. This may include showing you some graph or technical data and asking you to explain it. They don't expect you to know all of the answers, but instead are trying to see how you think and approach the problems. They will also show you a component from a jet engine, and will ask you every possible thing about it, ranging from the function to the manufacturing processes and materials used.

HR will contact you within the couple of days you to let you know of the outcome of the assessment.

Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very good interview session, even though they didn't select me I was promised a feedback in case I'm unsuccessful. But I was never offered a feedback even after I rang them a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• About the future challenges that we will face at Rolls Royce   1 Answer