Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineering Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Manufacturing Engineering Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did the 3 tests, was invited for an assessment day.
Assessment day was less stressful that i thought.
interviewers were helpful throughout the day, they made me feel comfortable.
Technical interview was challenging, but that's they way it should be. they don't expect you to know everything but they are trying to understand how you think.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had conflict in a team, and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Manufacturing Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online, complete online psychometric tests, wait for invitation to assessment centre and finally attend the assessment centre. The assessment centre is a full day interview, that includes networking with the assessors, repeating the online tests, doing a presentation about yourself, a group activity and finally a technical question.

Interview Questions

• What is the current share price of Rolls-Royce? What has caused the share price to drop in recent months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process involved an online application then three online tests. These were then reviewed and I was invited to an Assessment Centre in Derby. The Assesmenet Centre was made up of three parts. 1) You give a presentation and are then asked questions about it. 2) Technical Interview. 3) Group Exercise, make a paper aeroplane.
    The 1st part seemed a bit unfair as they ask you questions that you could only learn the answers to all of them after working there. Part 2 was a better test of your ability instead of what you could remember the night before. Part 3 was fun but very tight for time.

Interview Questions

• Name some of our sites in the US   1 Answer
    • Name, specifically, our clients   2 Answers

Manufacturing Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

A online numerical test, then assessment centre which contains a similar test to the online one, a personal presentation, a technical interview, a competency interview, a group exercise, and two essays. They got back to me within 2 days after the assessment centre. It was not difficult in particular but was lengthy and tiring.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything which happened recently that might affect our business?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Assessment day consists of three parts: non-technical interview, technical interview and group assessment. You will be asked to prepare a presentation to introduce yourself in a non-technical interview before assessment day.

Manufacturering Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and within a week or so I was invited to take the online tests and from there I got the results within 2 hours (which in my opinion is great) and within 3 weeks was invited to the assessment centre.

The assessment centre was made up of 3 exercises:
    1- a 5 minute presentation that I was are to prepare about myself and the company, with a Q&A afterwards. (If you mention something in your presentation, make sure you know about it).

2- a technical interview where I was show and engineering process and accompanying data and I was asked to explain what the data was showing. I was then shown an engine compartment and asked to say what it might be, what it is made of and the manufacturing processes used. In this bit I recommend just saying you thoughts through the whole process, the people interviewing you will help you and try and draw the answer out of you so it is really important to just be as verbal as you can.

3- a group exercise where we were given a task and we asked to make a paper plan, on a budget and had to factor in design, budget, material and aesthetics. Again, be verbal but don't shout over people.

My advice is to really research the company and decide why you like it and also what the company is doing at the moment such as new contracts.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the different areas of Rolls-Royce.   1 Answer
    • When have you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

The overall Interview process was good. I was invited to Derby for an interview, with six others. The interview process started around 09:00 and ended at 16:00. First, we were given the opportunity to network with potential interviewers in a tea break. It followed by a few icebreaker questions. Then, we were randomly called to present what I know about Rolls-Royce and why I was interested in applying for this position. After that, we were split into two groups for a technical interview. Finally, we had a group exercise that concluded the interview process.