Rolls-Royce Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with manager asked general interviewing questions. Followed by in person interview which was more technical. The in person interview was conducted by a panel of 4 interviewers. Asked several questions ranging from previous experiences to theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview questions were mainly based on gas turbine basics... engineering basics...stress strain.. materials.. present job profile related few questions...turbine blades stresses..SOM.. questions.. technical presentation... asked us to choose any topic..hmm..hmm..bnnn..ghhg.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process lasted for 2 hours and I was given 30 minutes time to make a presentation on a preferred technical subject. I was interviewed by a panel comprising foreign and local delegates . A very interactive interview which included behavioural and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you undertook a leadership role very early stage of your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Met target expectations.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview mainly was focused on technical knowledge to the depth on subjects particularly SOM , ManPro.

Followed by Presentation .Presentation topic will be given by the interviewer or you have to choose your own and have to prepare within the given time of half an hour.

Concentrate on Basics of Mechanical Engineering and be clear with your Resume.

Interview Questions

• BMD and SFD for UDL , POINT LOADS FOR CANTILEVER AND SIMPLY SUPPORTED AS WELL AS INDETERMINATE BEAMS.

Heat Treatment Processes and Bypass Ratio Concepts , Gas Turbines Basics.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Telephone conversation followed by 1:1 interview with people from the department. During the interview questions were asked relating to their field of aerospace and design engineering. Competency based questions and an exercise were also carried out.