Rolls-Royce Motor Cars EngineeringRole Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

1 Interview Review

5.0

EngineeringRole Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and performed some online logicesque tests. Following this I had a phone interview with an HR person. This interview was fairly chill, and consisted largely of standard competency questions such as greatest success, describe yourself in one word and the like. Fairly standard interview questions.

Following this, about 3 weeks later I was invited to the manufacturing plant, where I was driven around in a Rolls-Royce, and interviewed. This interview however was much, much more challenging. It involved numerous complicated logic puzzles which I can't for the life of me figure out. This interview took just under 2 hours, and felt like a complete grilling.

The interview questions that I remember included the questions: Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north? And estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth. There were also a fairly good number of technical questions regarding automotives in general, which included things like walk me through how to change oil/brake calipers. I did not perform well at this interview, and was told I would not be hired a few weeks later.

Overall, the process took a very long time, the highlight I guess was seeing GoodWood, and being driven around which was pretty cool.

Honestly, I don't know what they were looking for in the second phase, but my advice would be to focus on technical stuff and logic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth.   Answer Question
  • Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north?   Answer Question
  • How do you change oil and what is the differences in types?   1 Answer
  • What are the steps to changing out brake calipers?   1 Answer
  • What is your greatest skill   Answer Question
  • What is a failure you had at a prior job   Answer Question