Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars

3.2

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview was friendly and mostly competency based, with a few questions surrounding the Rolls Royce cars. Overall, lasted around an hour and a few weeks after I received an invitation to the assessment centre held in Goodwood.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Rolls Royce
      Give us an example of when you displayed good customer service
      What is your favourite Rolls Royce motor car   Answer Question

Logistics Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It started with a call with a recruiter, followed up by a 3 month silence wondering if the job is available or not avalible then finally a call for an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Was asked 1 question.

How did you get to this point in your life.!   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview was straight forward and fine.
    Face to face interview was tough. They ask grueling questions, trying to make you slip up. They also were meant to show me around the factory but didn't bother. Not very courteous after me driving 4 hours to get there.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

3 stage process:
    - Online test was kinda tricky. Felt irrelevant to the job role.
    - Phone interview was pretty generic.
    - Face to face interview was long and involved a tour of the factory.

Questions about what I've done at Uni and experience in general.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Assessment Centre at Goodwood Hotel. Okay organised day, felt a lot of pressure as every role had competition from at least one person that has completed a year placement in the same team. It was clear when you got there these people were already going to be chosen over you, regardless if your experience and skills were more valuable. Some managers would only talk to these candidates so there was a strange atmosphere over the day.

When interviewed they changed the role totally and therefore it was clear that I would not be selected. They changed the role so much from the job description and responsibilities that they wanted candidates from a different degree. Pointless even turning up. They do drive you around in a Ghost and Wraith though...

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Whole process only took 2 weeks, phone and face to face interview were basic enough. Everyone was very nice. Know your CV well, they ask you to go through it. The headquarters in Goodwood are very glamourous and fun to be at.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write a biography on your life what would you call it   1 Answer

12 Month Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Over the phone interview. Process was typical of a phone interview. They got to know about your skills and scenarios of teamwork. They also gave about a week to prepare for the phone interview.

Bespoke Project Manager Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was standard:
    1) Online Application
    2) Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests
    3) Telephone Interview
    4) Face to Face Interview

However, it was very, very prolonged. It took months between stages to recieve an answer if I had advanced. After being the first one to advance to the final stage, and being interviewed first, I waited for 2 more months to finally recieve a rejection. They hired the last candidate, who had interviewed the day before I recieved the final answer.
    Overall, the HR department has a lot of room for improvement in terms of their communication with candidates.
    My final interview was with the department manager and another member of the same department, which I was interviewing for. It ran for about 2 hours. I was the only candidate for the day and recieved an extensive tour of the RRMC facilities. During the interview itself, I was not pressured, but predisposed to answer their questions to the best of my abilities. The process overall was very frustrating, but my experience from the interview day was extremely positive and enjoyable.

Sales Operation Work Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (Chichester, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, took psychometric tests, then a phone interview with a manager. After a couple week, they informed be I had passed the phone interview stage and invited me to Goodwood for a face-to-face interview.
    The interview was very relaxed, talked with 2 managers who were both looking to fulfill a role. Had a bit of small talk before the interview started, very chilled, then normal competency based questions. They told me they were gonna let me know in about 2 weeks cause they were gonna interview other candidates in the days after, but instead they rang me about 24 hours later and offered me a post.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you think is not highlighted enough from your CV?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you improved a process in a creative way.   Answer Question

EngineeringRole Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and performed some online logicesque tests. Following this I had a phone interview with an HR person. This interview was fairly chill, and consisted largely of standard competency questions such as greatest success, describe yourself in one word and the like. Fairly standard interview questions.

Following this, about 3 weeks later I was invited to the manufacturing plant, where I was driven around in a Rolls-Royce, and interviewed. This interview however was much, much more challenging. It involved numerous complicated logic puzzles which I can't for the life of me figure out. This interview took just under 2 hours, and felt like a complete grilling.

The interview questions that I remember included the questions: Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north? And estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth. There were also a fairly good number of technical questions regarding automotives in general, which included things like walk me through how to change oil/brake calipers. I did not perform well at this interview, and was told I would not be hired a few weeks later.

Overall, the process took a very long time, the highlight I guess was seeing GoodWood, and being driven around which was pretty cool.

Honestly, I don't know what they were looking for in the second phase, but my advice would be to focus on technical stuff and logic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many marbles you could fit in a container the size of the earth.   Answer Question
    • Where on the earth did you start if you walk 1 mile south, 8 miles west, and 1 mile north?   Answer Question
    • How do you change oil and what is the differences in types?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps to changing out brake calipers?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest skill   Answer Question
    • What is a failure you had at a prior job   Answer Question