Rolls-Royce Senior Electrical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

-I applied in November 2011, recruiter e-mails me to schedule a phone interview. I spend about an hour writing a cover letter for the job. Recruiter calls me to tell me it is located in another state when the job description posting online clearly states my location. Not happy about that experience.
-Fast forward to January 2012 when I get an e-mail from a different recruiter stating their was some miss-communication about the job location and the manager is really eager to interview me.. the same week.
-Agreed to go to the site interview. Did not do a phone screen with the hiring manager beforehand.
-On-site interview was very average. Only 2 person panel. A lady recruiter calls my home phone while I am waiting in the lobby to be received by the hiring manager asking where I was and accusing me of being late. I had arrived early to check in and obviously was not allowed through secure doors to a conference room.
-Followed up with one recruiter a week after the interview and got an equivalent "don't bug me response", someone will let you know if you are selected.
-Another week later I followed up another recruiter because I was interviewing other places and the one lady did not get back to me
-No response, e-mailed again and received a response after another week stating the position was being reevaluated to a lower level. Inquired about the possibility of that situation but no response..
~~~~~
-Dear recruiters, treat candidates with respect. Follow-up with them and let them know a status if they ask for one, and if you don't have any feedback yet, don't be rude and elusive in your responses.
-I'm not judging a company by its corporate recruiters but folks.. this has been a negative experience.

Interview Questions