Rolls-Royce Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolls-Royce Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rolls-Royce

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Mostly the interview was behavioral . It was a telephonic interview, which lasted for approximately 45 minutes. The Hr was taking the interview, it seemed to me that she was reading list of questions handed over to her. She was very friendly and polite. I dint get through the interview because of the citizenship status. They asked if i want to apply for another position which they would provide sponsorship , after applying to the second position i haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rolls-Royce

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and the interview consisted of two recruitment leads who had attended my university and asked me a list of preselected questions, recording my answers. They asked a few behavioral questions and then a technical question.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

This was just a preliminary phone interview, so it was all behavioral questions, nothing technical. Interview was kind of robotic - I was asked a question, answered it, and then was asked the next question right away. No follow ups to any of my answers, and not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, your future career goals, and why you chose Rolls Royce.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Online tests and CV sift - assessment centre, whole day event with a few exercises and interviews. Interviews were not too difficult, although an hr long each and 10 minute presentation to start - managers interviewing were friendly and did not put much pressure on

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between leadership and management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Selection day consisted of a numerical reasoning test, two interviews, a presentation and group work. two interviews consisted of competency and technical, try learn your stuff about Rolls Royce I did well with knowing locations and customers. Technical is hard to revise just general knowledge of principles of engineering.
    Unfortunately I didn't get the offer as I failed to numerical validation which is pretty frustrating! So practise that as if you don't pass.. game over! And get feedback after the event as it is very useful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

First was technical interview and asked a lot about engines, it would be useful if I had prepared more on engines and then general questions which were nice and easy, like why do you choose RR rather than other companies, what can you provide us? Overall, helpful process and learnt a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose RR rather than other companies, what can you provide us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Full-day assessment centre
    10 minute presentation followed immediately by 40 minute competency interview - standard sort of skills/experience questions, involves your CV too.

Group exercise - groups of 4 to 6 to construct something with limited resources and time.

1 hour application of knowledge interview - for me this was mostly unrelated to jet engines and was more based on general physics, maths and engineering concepts.

Lots of meet and greet with interviewers and recruitment staff, chance to show your are not a robot and that you are the sort of person they would want in their office.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce.

Interview

Rigorous, various tests, competency, behavioural and group tests. Friendly people however very competitive jobs. You must know about the company, e.g. their history, their current projects, what you could bring to the company which is unique.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Assessment Centre that lasted for most of the day. We went to Derby the day before and were offered accomodation. Included presentation about myself, competency questions, technical interview, group exercise

Interview Questions

• They asked me about things I heard in the press.
      The competency questions were extremely long (as in the questions themselves were probably a fe lines long and were very detailed)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolls-Royce (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 different parts. The first one was the Innovation and Motivation interview, you have to be well prepared with a formal presentation about yourself and the company. After the presentation you are asked a lot about Rolls-Royce plc. The second part of the interview was the Application of knowledge-technical interview. This is a difficult part, you are given charts and two different engine parts, that you have to talk about as well as general engineering questions. The third part is a group exercise, you are given a project with a certain timeline and specifications that you need to complete.