Rolta India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rolta India Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolta India (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very nice exp and it is very systematic approached and very neatly executedIt was very nice exp and it is very systematic approached and very neatly executedIt was very nice exp and it is very systematic approached and very neatly executed

Oracle Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rolta India (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

There is an initial phone screen and then a face to face follow up with the project manager or practice director. Questions focus on your specific practical experience and knowledge of the applications. Hiring is based on current project needs, but usually is wrapped up within a week or so. The one on one meeting is to judge personality fit with the project team. Everyone was very pleasant and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• The client is not happy with the application functionality. How would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Salary offers are commensurate with your experience level and industry averages.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rolta India (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview consisted of a short Q & A session with the division Director, then a quick tour around the office. My head was filled with visions of expansion and the construction of an additional building to house the new Data Services division of Rolta's North American presence which was to be the bread and butter of Rolta International, Inc.

Interview Questions

• Explain this case that showed up on your background check (was supposed to be sealed :o).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money and got 2 more dollars per hour. I was hired through a recruiter, so I was talking to them, and they probably just cut into their profit margin a little, since they were taking roughly a third of my pay at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

1. Aptitude (25 Java snippets, 10 Quants)
    2. F2F: Collection, OOPS and mostly threads in deep
    3. F2F (Senior manager): Program to convert integer to words (e.g.: 1234 > One thousand two hundred and thirty four) & project related questions.
    4. HR
    5. Project Manager (Technologies worked on)
    6. HR
    7. HR Director

Interview Questions

• Give example of scenario where you will use multi-threading
      Explain OOPS
      Collection, String related questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have interviewed for Software Engineer for Mumbai location.Hiring process constitute of 3 part
    1. Aptitude and Java based Technical MCQ.
    2.Small coding Round (Write a program to find angle between Hour hand and Minute Hand ) (It's just warmup no disqualification based on coding)
    3.F2F interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rolta India in March 2017.

Interview

First round was Aptitude. It was quite easy and plus technical questions. After that they said there will call from our side and there was no call and I assume that I got rejected

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Process started with Test which contains Java basics ranging from collection exception and programs where output has to be determined. Also test has few aptitude questions also.
    Overall test is Average and anyone can crack it if your basics are clear in java.
    After test there was 2 technical round, manager and hr round.

Interview Questions

• Concurrent Package in Java
      Collection
      OOPS
      Exception
      Serialization   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Test Round followed by 2 levels of technical round and then HR. Though it was a day long interview processs but the Interview Coordinators, HR and the technical panels were very welcoming and supportive. This was the only company which welcomes by refreshments and lunch during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Its starts with programming apti
    Followed by 4 to 5 rounds of interviews.
    First 2 are tech rounds remaining are hr n managerial rounds .
    Experience was quite good .
    Java and multithreading are imp topics to be prepared .

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rolta India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

HR called for F2F round with the Unannounced person. In midst of conversation - "How soon can you join? Will your boss leave you?". Round 2: with CIO - sitting in front of him and he kept typing in his laptop and me looking out of the window for around 07 minutes. Finally he started speaking - again abruptly in conversation - "Can you join in this month? My offer stands only for you join in this month. Think about it and let know so that I can write my comment in your application".
    Round 3: HR person sent me salary breakup.
    I negotiated and got a mail again abruptly- your application has been rejected!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do presales and bid management.
      Am not convinced that you really want to work with me as Bid Manager.   1 Answer

name is definitely good in market, however the management does sound crude in speaking.
    not sure if one with 15 years experience would want to jump for couple of lakhs rise in 3 weeks!!
    Careful - do not leave your job in hurry.