Romano's Macaroni Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.0

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had a 30 to 45 minute phone screen. The HR manager conducted it. The questions were appropriate for the position I was interviewing for. The interviewer explained the position well. I did not get a follow up phone call or email either way regarding my movement in the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Savannah, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was cool. Manager was very approachable. The environment was very welcoming and so were the existing employees. Everything was focused on your understanding of the job duties. Enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in the event of a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Interview was fairly simply. Your basic interview questions. I made all the phone calls though. I didn't wait around for them to call me. I got dressed and came to fill out and app at my location... They do them online now. So kitchen manager told me to go online the same day and fill one out. So I did, called the next day, got first interview. Called again the next day and got another interview with the GM. That interview was very detailed though. A lot of questions I can't even remember them now. I think he drilled me so much because I only had 1 yr server experience so he asked more questions than normal to see if I could handle it. He mostly wanted to know my food knowledge and if I was self motivated to learn it all. But all in all very easy and nice managers! My training/hiring process has been faster than it normally takes. But I have been the one pushing for the speed. Didn't wait around for phone calls. And I am up there every day to get my training done and out on the floor. Lots of studying to get there!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate. I did ask what the pay was for servers and it's 2.13 at The Woodlands TX location.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Interview

Phone screen then meeting with District MAnager. Typical question was asked with no surprises. Was proceed to take a test. The DM was very understanding as I have to take the test in 2 different times due to the time restrain I had. The entire interview process from day one till the final offer was within 2 weeks.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Chula Vista, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I got a call back about my resume after calling the restaurant to check on my application status. Once I came in for the interview, I interviewed with the General Manager, Service Manager, and spoke briefly with the Kitchen Manager (although I don't believe that's required). They were friendly and mostly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• If you were sat three tables at once, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. It seemed like more of a character analysis than an experience based interview. They didn't really focus on my previous employment or anything, just on me. I didn't have any previous restaurant experience, but she didn't even focus on that.

Culinary Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a talent recruiter for the company out of Texas. Then a in-person interview with a GM from out of the area. Lastly a shift follow at one of the locations in the valley

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Annapolis, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial interview occurred via the phone. It was required for me to speak with the human resources director on the phone. Shortly after that I had a face to face interview with the area director. I found out shortly after that, that I had achieved the position. I received my offer letter stating my position (which was not the position that I was told I was hired for) and my starting salary.

Interview Questions

• They asked what requirements for salary do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I stated what salary I was looking for. HR Director laughed and came back with a number close to what I requested.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Its Easy, very organized,quick, straight to the point. They get to know you to see if you will fit in with them and the atmosphere. See how much experience you have. If you have good memory of the menu they have you study it and then test you on it. See if you do well under pressure.

Interview Questions

• where did you work before, what you like about it, what you do not like, what makes you wanna work there etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy they basically lay out how they do it and you can accept it or not

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Snellville, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Got interviewed and got the job within ten minutes of coming in the door. Sat down, they asked how long I'd been serving, then asked me when I could start.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been serving? When can you start? Literally it.   1 Answer