Romano's Macaroni Grill Server/Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Romano's Macaroni Grill (Columbia, SC) in September 2011.

Interview

I went into the restauraunt during the proper application times (Monday-Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00pm) and asked for an application. They gave me one and the company requires you to fill out the application there at the restauraunt. I handed my application in and the restauraunt manager looked over it and asked me if I had any experience serving and what not. He then told me that the next step was to take a basic skills test and we set up a time and date the following week to do so (he wanted me to stay and do it, but I had to pick up my boyfriend from work and had to set up a later day to take the test). I went to take the test as scheduled, it was simple, some word analogies, basic restauraunt math skills questions (percentages, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction) and then at the end of it there were those rate yourself from 1-6 on a series of personality questions. The test consisted of about 150 questions. It takes a good 30-40 minutes to complete because of the math questions. There were maybe about 12 math questions and the rest were analogies, definitions, and basic personality questions. After the test, they take your answer sheet to the back and grade it, he came back and told me I did fine and that the next step was to come back the next day to do the official interview. I went back and was interviewed by the new General Manager who was very nice and I know she got a good feel for me. I was then interviewed by the restauraunt manager who had to go through the company's list of 10 questions where you have to just yell out any adjectives about yourself you can think of that pertains to the questions. He then handed me a stack of paperwork and said if you haven't already figured it out we really like you and want to hire you, so this is the paperwork you have to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer orders a meal and they dislike it?   1 Answer
  • If a customer came in and asked if you had a specific item they no longer have on the menu, and we don't have the right ingredients to make it, what would you do?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Macaroni Grill and what do you think you can bring to our company?   1 Answer
  • General facts about the interview...   1 Answer

Negotiation

The general manager asked me if there was a specific salary I was looking for and being a college student I told her I was fine with minimum wage, so I think that's why they gave me minimum wage.. they seemed really leniant, however, and I'm sure they would of negotiated with me if I expected a little more.