Roquette America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roquette America Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roquette America.

Interview

It can take a while for HR to work their magic and contact you back. It's not unheard of for this process to take several weeks, or even months. Be patient if you can. Interview process consists of a presentation in front of a group of people that you will be interviewed by individually or in a panel type interview. It's a little intimidating, but it's a good way for the company to get a good picture of the potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult... just be prepared, and honest.   Answer Question

Process Engineer and Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keokuk, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roquette America (Keokuk, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 2 hrs, then a chem eng technical interview that lasted almost 2 hrs. After acing both interviews I was invited out for a 1:1 interview. The interviews, 3, lasted 4 hr. It included a 20 presentation and a plant tour. 3 days later the feedback I received was that I said and did everything right however they felt I did not have experience for their specific process. It was shocking and hurtful. Wouldn't they know that from the start? MY ADVICE IS TO MAKE SURE U GET IT ACROSS TO EVERY1 HOW QUALIFIED U R TO THEIR SPECIFIC PROCESS - DON'T ASSUME U DID ALREADY! Good luck :-)

Production Associate Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keokuk, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roquette America (Keokuk, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

I am a recent college graduate and I was initially contacted by a recruiter that came across my resume online. I was told I looked like a good fit for an entry level supervisory position with Roquette. The recruiter filled out my application and set up an initial phone interview with Roquette that lasted about 1 hour 30 minutes. A few hours after the phone interview Roquette called me an invited me to an on-site interview at their plant in Keokuk, IA to be scheduled for the following week. The on-site interview lasted 4 hours and began with a 20 minute presentation I was required to give about a project I completed in the past. It continued with individual interviews with a total of 5 people with varying backgrounds (HR & production managers), and also included a plant tour. Most of the questions inquired about my past experiences working in groups and dealing with conflicts. A few days after the interview my recruiter called and said I interviewed well and the HR people were on board with extending an offer, but that the production people preferred someone with 1 year related manufacturing experience. Mind you, they advertise the position as "entry level" and knew how much experience I had based on my resume. So overall I feel that it was a waste of my time and theirs to go so far into the process, although I did gain valuable interview experience/confidence for the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you like to have in your friends?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keokuk, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roquette America (Keokuk, IA) in December 2010.

Interview

The inteview was with the manager. He asked about past work experience and was interested in knowing the reason of changing jobs. Questions he asked: What are your expectations for the job? Would you be willing to live in a small town? What would you bring to the job? He explained his management style.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roquette America in January 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews, each an hour long, before being invited to interview on-site at the company headquarters. On site interview consisted of 6 or 7 one on one sessions, each lasting 45 minutes + a sales role play + a presentation. Pretty long and grueling but I thought it was fair.