Rosen Hotels and Resorts Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rosen Hotels and Resorts

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosen Hotels and Resorts (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled in an application online and took a cashier's test. Test is about percentages in different scenarios. They have 3 different tests. I know this because first time I went to take it, it was about to close and a lot of people were talking loud. I told secretary I would come next day and she told me about there being more test in a condescending way. The test are taken in front of the front desk, there is a big desk there and secretaries can watch you, problem is anyone that has questions or comes by will speak right there. It is a very uncomfortable situation to take a test. Test is easy, but if like me you like to concentrate in a test this is less than convenient. Also that day I had not slept at all and I was presented randomly the opportunity to come get the test by a friend, and I took it. Next day I took test again, a different one with different secretary, she was professional. I scored a 100, you can see your score right away. I was so happy I showed my friend.

I had a real emergency and got to the interview 5 mins. late with makeup ruined and all sweaty but made it. Without knowing a front desk secretary was clearly making hand gestures about my tardiness to the other secretary (pointing at watch hard and then crossing the finger through the neck). In my opinion this means "if someone is late I will not hire", but that is my guess. She also had told me before how I might not get the interview for being late. But I wasn't asked once what happened.

Interviewer was professional and asked many questions. Be ready for that.

After that I was reached by phone by the same Interviewer about my Employment History. They had researched numbers of past employment on the internet and called. Numbers I did not provide because I did not have. This was Important to them, and they wanted me to find this numbers. After this point I had a feeling this would be a problem.

I was referred by and employee in the company that has worked there for 8 years. Has not recommended no one before, and is a valued employee. Even so they like employee referrals (I was told) this had no weight nor help me at all. Also my 2 other references had called about HR giving them a call and asking questions. Questions like: "Would you recommend this person to work with us?", "How do you know each other?", "What qualities does this person possess?". After all this they still needed this 2 numbers, one of which I found. Since I was told I needed those 2 numbers, even after already having the recommendation of 3, and passing the test plus interview... I had given up hope and continued on my search elsewhere. I took it as a sign, not meant to be. Yes though I was upset and disappointed.

I was told by my friend to try one last time, that maybe they will understand. I called the interviewer to explain the situation but I found a pretty aggressive response in return. I was not allowed to explain, constantly interrupted. Professionalism went out of the door. She was frank though, "you will not be considered for this position because the manager of the hotel you added that has worked there 3 years has never met you, if we have anything else for you we will call". I supposed we all know they won't. While this is a reason to consider someone my reasons are real, I had called to tell her I could provide her with proof, and I was hired "as help" not under contract. Which I stated many times to them.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Rosen Hotels?   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosen Hotels and Resorts (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call during a week. The interview was done in the hotel lobby with the Help Desk supervisor, and it took about 15 minutes. Typical HR questions with very minimum to none technical questions. They were looking for soft people skills. It took about 2 weeks to get a call from the HR department to offer the job. The company has strict policies on drugs and tobacco usage. There will be a tobacco test on the orientation day that if failed you no longer have the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer gets angry over the phone?   1 Answer

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosen Hotels and Resorts (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

was with human resource not the manager, the interviewer did not speak the language very well a basic math test with addition, subtraction & multiplication was given. I had to wait two more weeks in order to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• how open was my schedule due to being hospitality is a 24/7 business.   1 Answer

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rosen Hotels and Resorts (Orlando, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a 5 minute process. In and out. Didn't really ask much. I already knew someone in the company who was getting me the job. The person interviewing me was very laid back which calmed me down.