Rosetta Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Rosetta Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH

2.7

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The process was somewhat long, but showed the company was serious about their candidates. The first phone conversation was with HR concerning typical filter information (i.e. willingness to relocate, why I am interested, etc). The second phone interview was with the actual UX team. This went into actual detail about the position, and my relevant experience. The third round was an in-person interview with three employees. This round was fantastic. The interviews felt more like a conversation amongst colleges, and they really dove into the meat of what I do. We spoke about past projects and aspects that excited us, what our mindset is on the changing technology frontiers, and the individuals asked questions which got me excited to answer in full. I walked out of their office in Cleveland feeling like I had a whole newfound excitement for working with them. They made great observations about what got me excited, and how that excitement could benefit their team. It was the first time I walked out of an interview thinking, "wow, that was honestly a lot of fun," and it was obvious their people made me feel that way.

Overall fantastic experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your experiences where your user research actually changed the way you designed an interface.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

3 very brief phone calls. Basically asked about me and why I wanted to work for Rosetta. After that the recruiting manager called me and asked me to come in to get a tour of the office and decide if it was a place I would like to work.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview in Cleveland, OH... great building. The only thing is that it was confusing dealing with three different people to just do phone interviews, and a completely different person to schedule the onsite interview. Didn't get direct feedback after interviewing for the role (everything was unclear)

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Great process, went very smoothly. Asked some tough questions but none that you would struggle to answer if you know what you're talking about. Got a tour of the building and they paid for parking. They are very transparent and it is obvious this is a great place to work.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online. I got a call from a recruiter who transferred me to another recruiter to deal with my application. I then spoke to a Rosetta Solutions architect and then met the team for the group interview and presentation. The Rosetta office in Cleveland is very nice. Driving downtown and finding parking is bad and the garage next to the Rosetta office is always full. Even though the interview process is standard: phone screen and group interview, I did notice some issues:

1. Rosetta never keeps their time tables for interviews. I had one interviewer bail on me which meant that I had extra time to talk to one of the developers. He was pretty inexperienced in the interview process and didn't really know how to interview someone senior like me. The next interviewer came late which meant the entire group interview had to be rushed and hence my presentation was rushed.
    2. Apparently Rosetta posts positions on their website but lack details as to what they are looking for. When I applied, the first phone screen feedback was very positive and the person was impressed. During the interview process, however, I can tell that the "tone" of the interview was much different. They were looking for a candidate with a different set of skills.
    3. People appeared very rushed. Yes, Rosetta has numerous openings but it appears there is very little time to sit down for 3 hour long interviews. During my presentation, I can see the group asking me the same questions and were very inattentive.
    4. Last but not least, the interview process felt rushed and I felt that they are looking for a particular candidate (the purple squirrel) and not the one listed in the website.

In looking at prior feedback of people who applied to Rosetta, I do feel that Rosetta is a great company. However, with all the acquisitions, high turnover, changes in corporate culture, the company doesn't really know what it wants. Even with discussions with senior management (Partners or VPs), their competence is lacking when investigating and embracing newer technologies. The technology landscape is constantly changing and I had a sense, during the 3 hour interview, that they are still trying dealing with older technologies in their client engagements.

The feedback I got was not accurate. As an IT veteran who has made many presentation, I felt they were looking for an excuse not to hire an IT executive who has more skills, background, and education than they did.

Interview Questions

• Do a case study of ABC company. Present an e-commerce solution.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to Rosetta? How did you find this job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a manager. Afterwords, they had me come to their office in Cleveland. I met with a person for a technical interview with a few problems on the whiteboard. I met with someone who was in an HR position which was mostly to see how my personality would fit in with that of the company. Lastly, a person in the position I was applying for interviewed me and asked me questions about my course work and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Rosetta? ( I was asked this several times)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Two days after applied an internship position on their website, got an email for phone interview. It took 3 days to set up a date for the interview and then they cancelled the position few hours before the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. The first was just a phone interview with a recruiter mostly about a culture fit. The next was a technical phone interview, where there were basic java skills tested. Then there was a full day on-site with three interviews that were a combination of culture fit and aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a function in java to reverse a string?   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

First i was contacted by a LinkedIn recuiter. A few days later I scheduled a phone interview, then a day or two later I scheduled an in person interview to be held 2 week's later. When I arrived their were other interviewees there as well. We were all going to tame the interview at the same time just in different rooms and the interviewers would switch from room to room, 4-5 interviewers doing one on ones. My interviewers job levels ranged from senior level all the way up to associate partner. They all seemed like really cool people so you'd never know there level unless you asked. The interview went well. I was asked to code about 4-5 problems on the white board. It took about 3-5 minutes for each white board question. Other than the coding they just want to get to know you as a person so most of my questions revolved around myself. Like what I've done, why I chose the place, my goals and etc... as for the other interviewees their with me, I later found out they all got the jobs as well and they were not your competitors although they were developers as well. If you have a skill set that they like and they like you as a person than you should be fine just remember why they brought you their in the first place

Interview Questions

• Loop through a particular set of data probably an array of words and print out certain information. Then you'll be asked to reverse it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a generous offer and they want you to accept in about 2-3 days. I negotiated for them to pay for a few expenses that's it.

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I met a Rosetta employee who passed along my resume. I completed the online application (consisting of the usual information) and submitted my resume and cover letter. The next day I was contacted about my information and asked for an interview, which I happily agreed to. That went well, and the next step was a series of back-to-back half-hour interviews with three employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Every interviewer was very interested in what I knew about the company. They probably wanted to make sure that I had done my research, which I had, so that part wasn't difficult either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is my first internship, so I did not negotiate.