Rosetta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rosetta Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Software Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rosetta.

Interview

Met at a career fair at my university and handed them my resume. Follow-up email came about 2 weeks later telling me that I was not qualified because I did not have permanent residency or U.S. citizenship. It wasn't even a question but a stated fact in their email. For the record I have had permanent residency for the last 5 years and was even in the process of applying for citizenship. I have an Asian name so the recruiter or whoever probably thought that I was an international student. I emailed back politely letting him/her know that I did have residency. The next email bluntly told me to not bother until I actually received citizenship. For those out there that don't know YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP AS A PERMANENT RESIDENT

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview process took very long and communication was sparse. My interviews were rescheduled several times and cancelled sometimes 10 minutes before. The interviews team was apologetic, but continued to coordinated poorly throughout the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rosetta.

Interview

Had an informal call with a recruiter, who redirected me to set up a call with another recruiter. The second recruiter never wrote me back or set up an interview. Not sure what happened, but the first call was not much of an interview - I was just given some background/insight into the position and the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta.

Interview

Lengthy and overdone. After several phone calls of the same questions but just with different people, I finally got an offer. I appreciated the informational call first hand but I think only being interviewed by whom you would be working with directly would be better.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Two calls with L.A and San Francisco. No on site interview. If I had they would have interviewed me in the nice RazorFish office then shove you into the horrible Rosetta office in a different location.

Interview Questions

• They asked philosophical questions about how to design and such but don't worry you'll be resizing and uploading banners.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (San Luis Obispo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical three interviews. First one is a regular HR interview by phone, where they gauge overall ability. Involves usual questions such as to describe yourself and explain certain accomplishments you've done. Second one is a technical interview by phone, where they gauge how much you actually know, in this case, about machine learning. This will usually be handled by your supervisor. Last one is an on-site interview, where they gauge ability to mesh with the team. I was lucky and they didn't feel the need to give me an on-site interview and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between supervised and unsupervised machine learning and give examples of both?

What is your biggest weakness and what steps have you taken to improve on it?
      Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The process was somewhat long, but showed the company was serious about their candidates. The first phone conversation was with HR concerning typical filter information (i.e. willingness to relocate, why I am interested, etc). The second phone interview was with the actual UX team. This went into actual detail about the position, and my relevant experience. The third round was an in-person interview with three employees. This round was fantastic. The interviews felt more like a conversation amongst colleges, and they really dove into the meat of what I do. We spoke about past projects and aspects that excited us, what our mindset is on the changing technology frontiers, and the individuals asked questions which got me excited to answer in full. I walked out of their office in Cleveland feeling like I had a whole newfound excitement for working with them. They made great observations about what got me excited, and how that excitement could benefit their team. It was the first time I walked out of an interview thinking, "wow, that was honestly a lot of fun," and it was obvious their people made me feel that way.

Overall fantastic experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your experiences where your user research actually changed the way you designed an interface.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by in-person interviews with multiple members of the functional team. Recruiting team effectively managed the process and kept me up to date throughout. Team members were very friendly throughout the process and made themselves available to answer questions, etc.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rosetta (New York, NY).

Interview

Three rounds of meetings with hiring manager, other executives, peers, and support (reporting) staff. Loose organization to meetings and lots of overlap from general questions. Surprising lack of structure considering the number of people involved.

Interview Questions

• significant focus on digital competencies and financial/project management experiences.   Answer Question

Analytics and Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spent about 30 minutes to 1 hour with recruiter. Spent another hour with hiring manager who assessed my skills. I have a good history with previous employers, but that did not matter. The hiring manager wanted to test his applicants by giving them work. The work had nothing to do with analytics but just extracting data using SQL. The test was not designed at all. They just flipped some work to me without pay. Avoid this company. They will test you on 2% of your skills and you will never be able to demonstrate your talents in other areas. They will test you when they were never trained to create meaningful tests. I have worked with vendors and they do such a poor job in analytics. Now, I understand why. They look for a BI person who would simply extract data.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions -- what projects were you involved in.   1 Answer